Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: TECH ISSUES ON DDJ-SZ2 ON VDJ 8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Any tech guys here? I've emailed VDJ with an issue with DDJ-SZ2 but never got a reply. Here is the problem and BTW I'm running the latest firmwares and updates for both the controller and VDJ 8.

I prepare my tracks on itunes and create a folder where all the songs I intent to play are in there. However, if I go to a different folder to grab a song that's not in the folder and try to load the song to an empty slot, it stops playing the current track and the song it was playing also disappears. This happened several times while playing live on VDJ Radio,

Any ideas what to do or maybe a fix/update is in the works?

Sample of what's happening:

Folder "A" contains all the songs I'm going to play for my set

A song I want is not in Folder "A" so I navigate to a different folder and grab the song I want, I push the knob button where it should load the track instead it stops my current track that's playing.

Thanks in advance for any help on this issue.

Posted Thu 16 Nov 17 @ 1:20 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Most likely its the Clone action that was triggered from a fast-double press. We will invert the Clone function so that it clones to the called deck and not the opposite, so wont stop the deck..
Default mapping will be changed in next update, but in the meantime you can assign the BROWSE_LOAD key, in one of the following ways.

Simple LOAD action (no Clone)
browser_window 'folders' ? browser_window 'songs' : load

Load & Clone with double-click. (for Builds 3967 - Public - and earlier)
var 'LBDouble' ? set 'LBDouble' 0 & repeat_stop 'DBCRep' & device_side 'left' ? deck right clone_deck left : deck left clone_deck right : set 'LBDouble' 1 & repeat_start 'DBCRep' 400ms 1 & browser_window 'folders' ? browser_enter : load & set 'LBDouble' 0

Load & Clone with double-click. (for Builds 3994 - EA - and later - Default action from next update)
doubleclick ? device_side 'left' ? deck right clone_deck left : deck left clone_deck right : browser_window 'folders' ? browser_window 'songs' : load 

Posted Thu 16 Nov 17 @ 2:46 pm
You're the best!!!! I have build 3994 and the fix works GREAT!!! Thanks a million

Posted Thu 16 Nov 17 @ 3:12 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)