Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Strange random issue - part of beats skipping while playing MP4 video

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Weird thing that has happened the past couple of gigs. Two nights ago it happened on two songs, and last night it happened on one (which had played the previous night with no problem). I instantly loaded the same song on the other deck and it played fine. I have tried creating the same issue today again with no luck. Not sure if it is just video or audio as well ... the past two gigs have been all video files.

Basically it sounds like the song is missing part of a beat (at 8, 16 etc.) and it obviously makes the song shorter and it sounds weird, sort of like a cd skipping.

I f I can get it to happen again I will record a sample and post it. One thing I can try is reapplying the audio settings and see if it is an issue with the ASIO drivers.

VDJ 8.2 b3967
Windows 8.1
MCX8000 with Denon ASIO drivers

Posted Fri 03 Nov 17 @ 10:52 am
newmskiHome userMember since 2005
I had exact same issue as per my post on this: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/220230/VirtualDJ_8_2_Technical_Support/Stuttering_video_in_latest_update.html
My post:
I had the same issue on Saturday 28th October. But the odd thing, the video I had an issue with, I played it early in the evening, it played fine, then about 01:17 : the file, a video mix I put together in Magix Vegas and export as .mp4, when I played it again, it did the stuttering effect as the original person who posted the issue described. The visual was fine, but the audio skipped, every second like an effect, or if a finger print was on the playing surface of a cd and it skipped. That sort of sound. But, I played something else from my tablet and rebooted Virtual DJ, played a diff file then afterwards in Virtual DJ, another video file .mp4 based again, and it was fine.
Version of Virtual DJ installed: 8.2.3954.0
My system is a windows 10, only about a month old, 8 gig ram, amd quad core am12 cpu. ati graphics and so forth. Using hdmi out.
Model: HP Notebook 15-ba043na

*I used the same build last night, played the same file that gave me grief, played fine. Very strange

Posted Sun 05 Nov 17 @ 9:35 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)