Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: My Slip Mode isn't going back to original section I started from. NEED HELP PLZ!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Sup guys. I'm having a problem with my slip mode. When it's on it doesn't go back to the original section where I pressed the button, scratch, hot cue, etc. In slip mode, it plays like it doesnt have slip mode on. But when slip mode is off it, plays normally moving forward in the song after a button pressed, scratch, hot cue, etc. I just want my slip mode to go back to the section before I pressed or did anything. I might have it backwards but when slip mode is on it should go back to last section before press and when slip mode is off song plays normally after you press whatever or scratch. I have a gig this Saturday, Oct 28th....I need to try to get that fixed if not i will live with it. Thanks PRO users.Oh yeah I have build 3936 but it's been doing this after the the first couple of early public builds.

Posted Thu 26 Oct 17 @ 9:17 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
So the Slip mode works the opposite way ?
Is this behavior with a specific controller ? Which one ?
Can you try with the default mapping and see if it works ?

You can also try without the controller connected ans use the SLIP buttons in the SCRATCH mixer panel. Activate Slip mode from the skin, use mouse to scratch and see if it works as it should.

Posted Fri 27 Oct 17 @ 2:54 am
Just to get this straight:

SLIP mode is NOT supposed to return you back to the place you was when you activated it.

SLIP mode when enabled keeps playing the track forward and untouched in the background. When you stop doing what you're doing (e.g scratching) SLIP will keep playing from the untouched copy of the song it keeps in memory.

In other words:
When you let the jog go, the track will keep playing from the position it would have been as if you never have touched the jog.

Does this makes sense?

Because the way you describe it is as if you expect the track to jump back to where it was before you touch the jog. And that's not SLIP.

Posted Fri 27 Oct 17 @ 8:25 am
Sorry you explained it right. I'm a buttmunch lol. It works...I guess it didnt look the way I wanted it to look. I tried to get my "Redbull DMC champion" on loI. guess if you have a better controller, the latency will sound better. I got a g4v. It's pretty decent but my my right jog doesnt scratch when it's in vinyl mode (it just pitch bends) but its scratches when vinyl mode is off. The pitch bend works regardless if vinyl mode is on or off like normal.

Posted Mon 30 Oct 17 @ 11:30 pm
Are you using the factory default mapper ?
Software wise, your jog should not behave like this...

Posted Tue 31 Oct 17 @ 6:41 am
Yes .

Posted Fri 03 Nov 17 @ 1:24 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Check the value of the setting VinylMode in VirtualDJ OPTIONS tab.
Does it follow the VINYL buttons Leds of the G4V ? E.g. when both Leds are on, do you see the value to Yes or Per-deck ?

Posted Sat 04 Nov 17 @ 12:30 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)