Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Spotify - Speed?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, I have been testing the new Spotify feature (for home use only in the UK) and I find loading the tracks painfully slow - some do not even load at all.

I have a Spotify Premium Account - some day this is the way things will go - Streaming Audio and no physical media, but that's a little way off but I can see the benefit

Anyway it is unuseable for me - I understand the limitation of only downloading one song at a time (Damn!) - but even with one download it is either slow or just doesn't download at all.

Anybody else in the UK using any UK legit streaming services that works under VDJ?

Posted Sun 06 Aug 17 @ 6:32 pm
VIP DISCO & KARAOKE wrote :
Hi, I have been testing the new Spotify feature (for home use only in the UK) and I find loading the tracks painfully slow - some do not even load at all.

I have a Spotify Premium Account - some day this is the way things will go - Streaming Audio and no physical media, but that's a little way off but I can see the benefit

Anyway it is unuseable for me - I understand the limitation of only downloading one song at a time (Damn!) - but even with one download it is either slow or just doesn't download at all.

Anybody else in the UK using any UK legit streaming services that works under VDJ?

Yes, Spotify is limited in their public API to only allow about 1,5 times playing speed when downloading
This is not the case with Deezer. That downloads instantly if your internet access is up for it

Yes, Content Unlimited should be legal to use as a DJ in Europe
Pulselocker may be legal to use as a DJ in the UK, but not in Denmark where I am from
Of course Spotify and Deezer are not legal to use for any kind of public DJing, because it explicitly says so when you sign up for them :)

Posted Sun 06 Aug 17 @ 6:43 pm
Thank you for the clarification.

It's a interesting scenario - streaming media - one to keep an eye on for sure.

Posted Sun 06 Aug 17 @ 7:11 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)