Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ 8.2 b3731 video output flashes and VDJ has to be force closed with Epson EX9200 projector

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
So I am just getting into the world a video mapping and bought my first projector last night. It works great with iTunes and Resolume, except for with VDJ??? VDJ will play any audio song. But once the video output is activated and video is sent to my projector, the projector slowly flashes video then black then video, repeat. The VDJ interface is completely locked up at this point. I have to Ctrl Alt Del and force close VDJ. At which point both my laptop screen and the projector flash a couple times like the video driver is reloading. Seriously odd, here is what I know.

A couple weeks back I set Force Full screen to 1 to eliminate the Win 10 "diagonal screen tearing" (regardless of what it is technically referred to). I set that to 0 and all works fine. Why did I even write a post? Well, Vsync seems to fix the tearing for all my other applications except for VDJ. VDJ seems to need Force full screen set to 1, except for when my projector is connected and then it locks up hard. There might be something I am doing wrong and I am hoping you all can help.

I have an NVIDIA 870m in this laptop with the latest drivers 382.05 (clean install with VDJ & Resloume set to force NVIDIA, max performance and Vsync). Resolume is probably the closest program to VDJ in that it has my interface shown on the laptop screen and then a crowd display sent to the projector. Resolume works great and I cant believe VDJ freaks out so bad. Any tips about VDJ and projectors would be greatly appreciated.

Posted Fri 12 May 17 @ 1:24 pm
Does Virtual DJ produce the same problem if you are connected to a TV, or is this only with the projector? Are you using HDMI?

Posted Sat 13 May 17 @ 4:24 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
All my TVs work with Force full screen set to 1 and require it to fix the diagonal screen tearing. Only with the projector dose VDJ flash and lock up, unless I turn Force full screen to 0. Then I have to put up with the diagonal screen tearing.

I do use HDMI.

Posted Sat 13 May 17 @ 3:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)