Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Visual Studio Community Alternative IDE

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Anyone creating plugins using an alternative IDE. Maybe something smaller?

Posted Tue 31 Jan 17 @ 2:50 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You are best using the VC++ toolchain for compiling/linking plugins on PC. You can however use that with other IDEs - you could use it with good old Makefiles or Eclipse for example.

Personal preference is actually for Visual Studio; I far prefer it to anything else I've used.

Posted Tue 31 Jan 17 @ 3:13 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
and whilst a big program, it actually is non invasive to the rest of the o/s

Posted Tue 31 Jan 17 @ 3:54 pm
OK got it. I wound up installing code:block IDE which is very nice. I used to use SharpDevelop for C# projects but it didn't offer the support that code:block did. I was next going to try eclipse because I used that a little bit back.

Anyhow I originally wanted to use visual studio but I went through hell and back trying to get it to install. Went through mainly everything in this thread with no luck. I didn't want to install it on another PC I have to play with on a separate network because this is my programming PC. It was simpler for now to create the .DLL in code:block.

Dare I say OH YEAH I got the sample basicv8 working and tested it in my ver8.2.

Here are the steps for anyone interested. (Adjust paths as necessary depending on your version of windows and your setup)
1) Install NetFramework 4.6.2 (Latest at this time has backward compatibility)
2) Mount/Install GRMSDKX_EN_DVD.iso (WinSDK7 For 64 bit Windows)
3) Install VC++2010-Compiler
4) Install CodeBlocks VC++Compiler (Set default to Microsoft C++ during install)
5) Add C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Include to Menu Project/Build Options/Search Directories
6) Add C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Lib to Menu Project/Build Options/Search Directories
7) Add C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Lib\User32.Lib to Menu Project/Build Options/Linker Settings
8) Add C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Lib\Kernel32.Lib to Menu Project/Build Options/Linker Settings
9) Create a new project
10) Copy all .cpp & .h files to the root of your new folder
11) Right click your project (looks like a flag in the right pane) and add all the files you dragged into your new folder
12) Build ;) and copy it into the correct ~/Documents/VirtualDJ/Plugins/??? folder

Now I have a bunch of questions on the makeup of the VDJ C++ source code files (specifically where is there more documentation since it's almost a black art modifying the plugin since the parameters to the functions don't tell you what each stands for except for their variable types)

Posted Tue 31 Jan 17 @ 8:46 pm
Step 13) Enable the debugger under menu Settings/Compiler/"Global Compiler Settings" Window and set it to GDB/CDB debugger default
to "Toolchain Executables"

Step 14) Under menu Settings/Compiler/"Global Compiler Settings" Window add path to mt.exe which is
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Bin
to "Toolchain Executables" /"Additional Paths" tab

Posted Tue 31 Jan 17 @ 11:13 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)