Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Virtual DJ Update 1.07! - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

XiomanHome userMember since 2003
Alright, it has been more than a month since 1.06 and still no update :(

I need full DM2Midi support on Virtual DJ...

Please, I know you guys are very busy working at it, but full midi support is necessary for Virtual DJ 2 take on Trakotr, thx guys!

Posted Thu 16 Oct 03 @ 2:13 am
All I can say about this is: "Good things come those that wait" and "Quality not Quantity". I believe this is how they release there updates.

Regards;

Redman247

Posted Thu 16 Oct 03 @ 8:27 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Its true we are busy working on many things...Please be patient.

Posted Thu 16 Oct 03 @ 9:02 am
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
"Alright, it has been more than a month since 1.06 and still no update :( "

And who are you ot know about developement delays needed to develop such a software like Virtual DJ ?
We have never said that we will released a new update the 25th of each month !

Besides, Midi support has been added in Virtual DJ 1.05 for external keyboards.

Posted Thu 16 Oct 03 @ 2:11 pm
well, since you guys were doing continous updates, it's only natural to expect this trend... plus you don't have to get all defensive about it... Virtual DJ is a great program but it still lacks full midi support... Yes, it has keyboard mapping, but no knobs, no crossfader support through midi!

BTW, yes I do have a lot of knowledge on programming so I do know what it takes to build a software + like I said, it was just a simple question.... Relax!

Posted Thu 16 Oct 03 @ 8:49 pm
why dont you buy the software if its a "Great Software"?

Posted Fri 17 Oct 03 @ 12:05 am
Because there's no controller for it...

& real DJ's need more than just a good software!

Posted Fri 17 Oct 03 @ 3:34 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
spoken like a true trial version user!

Posted Fri 17 Oct 03 @ 8:07 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
He's right dammit!

How can you expect conventional dj's to convert to mp3 format comfortably without a controller that works the same way as one would with cd decks?

Responding with remarks only inflames those who COULD be prospective buyers. One happy customer tells 10 more. One unhappy customer tells 100, you decide.
This is how I heard about this program, word of mouth, see how that worked? And,

I hold licences to 5 other programs that haven't satisfied me totally yet, lets not make it 6.

If selling backlash answers is how you make your money great! But, If you make your money selling this program better listen up, trial version or full licenced verson user it doesn't matter. Did I say that?,(oh ya you already got my money....)

I have been told that your development team was extremely interactive and responcive to grooming and corrective issue resolve, I'm not seeing that in this post.

Standing on one leg, looking to the left, holding the load button while turning the scrolling wheel is not something anybody wants to "adapt to" for the sake of having a controller function as it was intended. Take the message not offence to what is said here. We are all trying to achieve the same thing here.

Sincerely,
Rick

Posted Fri 17 Oct 03 @ 12:14 pm
BlokeHome userMember since 2003
Mp3jrick

I echo your sentiments exactly, I too have found (and posted a moan) about the service ethic on occassion with "teamers, support team, moderators" whatever you call yourself you are still representing the company; and believe that too often people are burned for asking the tough questions. I am also frustrated by "one string sentence" answers or flaky responses to the tough questions, that now I almost expect it.

Respecting and keeping customers (existing and potential) happy is fundamental to keeping a business alive. People will not buy a product if they are not convinced it will satisfy their needs, what makes VDJ any different!

It is remarkable a VDJ rep could post a thread that appears to create silos between trial and full users.

Posted Fri 17 Oct 03 @ 12:51 pm
w03paHome userMember since 2003
if you want to complain.. then first buy the program

Posted Fri 17 Oct 03 @ 1:44 pm
BlokeHome userMember since 2003
w03pa:

You sum it up perfectly.

Posted Fri 17 Oct 03 @ 3:20 pm
Unfortunately, there's a lack of support and professionalism in the whole team of this company...

This just drives people away...
The only reason they keep coming back is because the lack of mp3 djing software... But this is soon going to change (january, february) with 2 major players rolling in the digital djing business... A real and reliable company!

Posted Fri 17 Oct 03 @ 4:49 pm
Can you feel the rumble in the ground????? I can...
The talk is all over on this, and let me add that if there were more satisfied customers, their would be more loyalty towards software companies.

If there was a way to take the best from all of the programs I own I would be satisfied and would look no further.

The problem is I have spent the dough, and every one of these programs have shortcomings and problems.

The minute one comes along that does what it is supposed to do and has support to go along with it, I'm sold, and I don't really car how much it costs.

As I have said on other boards, This program is talked up to be a filet mignon.
I'll take one, captains cut, done well, not half baked, thank you.

No speculative future releases, no paid beta testing, no upgrade to make it work....

Rick

Posted Fri 17 Oct 03 @ 5:41 pm
Your opinion is strictly personnal but I can only notice that more than 99% ofthe messages received on the Customer Support Email are answered within a buisiness day.

Since the begining we have chose to not an automatic answer, - ie, each answer is typed by a physical person in front of his PC (except for Password, login and serial number problem).
That leads sometime to a single-line answer, but sometimes your problem is also very simple so why make it a long answer ?

If you have any note/ideas about the customer support and/or answers you get from our teamers please fell free to email me at Yannick@virtualdj.com, I will do my best to answer you and take your notes into account.

Please note that lot of companies that you will maybe find more 'professional' takes about 14 days to answer a simple message, ie sending you an automatic answer that never answers totally your question.
I know hundreds of users case who certainly prefer our service when they email our support a saturday or a sunday for an urgent support and when they get this help in less than 24 hours even during holidays !

Posted Fri 17 Oct 03 @ 6:58 pm
Yan,
Certainly the most important part of buying software is support. You would never find guys like myself tolorating a 14 day wait for support for very long.

You have responded accordingly to every question I have posed, and thank you.

Don't misunderstand my intent with adding to this post. I am just not inspired by some of the replies by staff towards prospective (trial) users. Our only recourse is to use the demo long enough to somewhat experience the program's function.

DJ software is a dog eat dog world and getting worse by the day. The first one to deliver a program that does it all will certainly win the hearts and desires of most dj's. Word of mouth will take it away from there.

My problem is with the controller drivers not matching the player as it does with others. Attention to this matter will certainly gain sales from new as well as existing trial users that want the comfort that a controller gives without the learning curve associated with changing formats.

I will be waiting....patiently.
Rick

Posted Mon 20 Oct 03 @ 1:40 am
Hi rick,

the best way to change something to the current controller map support is to email us your ideas of change.

We will forward them to the developement team to check the possibilities.

Posted Mon 20 Oct 03 @ 7:21 am
Although some of the replies in this thread may not be sales oriented, consider the alternative; Most of the developers of other DJ software never respond to anything users have to say, especially in forums.

Personally, I'd rather have some kind of response than none at all. In my opinion, it is more frustrating to have no response.

Posted Tue 21 Oct 03 @ 6:50 am
I'll let you all know. I'm an idot and purchased PCDJFX after this program. WHY?? The support is awful and it keeps crashing my $2k brand new laptop. Wanted to try karaoke. Oh well. I can't even get the songs to load. Have five programs in all and I still use VDJ with every gig and it never fails me. Had a couple of questions once and support was immediate. Support with this other company, which is supposed to lead the market, well, I have three issues sent to teamers by email to them and it's been 3 weeks and four emails with no response. Keep it up VDJ!!!

Posted Wed 22 Oct 03 @ 6:49 am
StylesQPRO InfinityMember since 2003
PCDJ FX sucks... I sent my copy back after I discovered Virtual DJ... and yes...the tech guys here on this forum respond quickly...although... this program is so good...there's very few things for them to give tech advice on. lol... unlike PCDJ FX..where there are hundreds and hundreds of bug threads.

Posted Wed 22 Oct 03 @ 7:58 am
65%