Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Advanced Mapping Help Please?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

PirahnaControlleristMember since 2008
Hi everyone .. this might be a newb question, but I cant seam to figure out what these other posts are saying, so thought Id ask for help with understanding this, thanks :).

Im running VDJ7, with an American Audio VMS4.1 ... Im trying to set up the pitch blend LED button mapping so that pressing of said button, switches the decks. Now, I see these codes others are talking about in other posts, an been trying them, to no avail ... am I missing something here?

Can someone outline, step by step, exactly how to do this mapping? Im sure Im missing something as every code I put in, dont work :(. Thank you in advance for any assistance with this, an hopefully its not too stupid of a question, where it'll get answered lol. thanks

Posted Sun 06 Nov 16 @ 11:28 pm
still seaking the answer to this :), anyone? Just want to know the script to put in so I can use pitch an blend buttons to swap decks :)

Posted Tue 15 Nov 16 @ 2:03 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
What do you mean swap decks?

Posted Tue 15 Nov 16 @ 2:37 pm
Your answer is in the mapping manual: http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/americanaudio/vms4/installation.html However this is for VDJ 8 not 7. (maybe upgrade?) Additionally you cannot change mapping scripts with an LE.

"The unit should be visible in the CONTROLLERS tab of Config and 2 different mapping selections should be offered in the Mappings drop-down list (factory default and Browser mode mapping)" The operations of the alternative Browser mode mapping are explained with blue color in this manual.

Then on this page: http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/americanaudio/vms4/decks.html

15- PAUSE. This button operates depending on the selected Stop Button behavior (setting available in Deck Options in the default VirtualDJ GUI). By default, press this button to pause the track if playing. If the track is paused, press this button to cycle though the available stored Cues.
Hold SHIFT down and then press this button to swap the assigned decks for the left or right side of the VMS4. The left side of the VMS4 can be assigned to control decks 1 or 3 and the right side can be assigned to control decks 2 and 4.

then further down the page:

19- PITCHBEND-. Press and keep this button down to temporary slow-down the tempo of the track. When the button is released, the track will return to the tempo defined by the pitch slider. Hold SHIFT down and then use the same button to slow-down the track more intensively

In Alternative Mapping, press this button on the left side to assign deck 3 as Left Deck or the right side to assign deck 2 as Right Deck. Hold SHIFT down and then press this button to temporary slow-down the tempo of the track.

20-PITCHBEND+. Press down this button to temporary speed-up the tempo of the track. When the button is released, the track will return to the tempo defined by the pitch slider. Hold SHIFT down and use the same button to speed-up the track more intensively.

In Alternative Mapping, press this button on the left side to assign deck 1 as Left Deck or the right side to assign deck 4 as Right Deck. Hold SHIFT down and then press this button to temporary slow-down the tempo of the track.
The Leds of the PITCHBEND+/- buttons will indicate which deck is selected as Left or Right (following the default channel mixer order 3-1-2-4.

So there you have it.. it's already implemented in Alt mapping mode. Tons of great information is in the manuals.. you might want to check it out ;)

Posted Tue 15 Nov 16 @ 8:31 pm
At one point, when I pressed the left pitch + led button on my controller, deck 1 would be selected for use w my controllers left deck ... pressing left pitch - would bring up deck 3. This is what I mean by swapping decks. Im not sure why it doesnt do this any more, but ive been trying advanced map scripts that ive found here, but none work, or seam to do anything really lol. I also tried the action learn function, to no avail unfortunately.

Im not home w me board now, but ill read those pages u recommended n see what I can figure out when I get home. Thanks

Posted Thu 17 Nov 16 @ 6:32 pm
At one point, when I pressed the left pitch + led button on my controller, deck 1 would be selected for use w my controllers left deck ... pressing left pitch - would bring up deck 3. This is what I mean by swapping decks. Im not sure why it doesnt do this any more, but ive been trying advanced map scripts that ive found here, but none work, or seam to do anything really lol. I also tried the action learn function, to no avail unfortunately.

Im not home w me board now, but ill read those pages u recommended n see what I can figure out when I get home. Thanks

Posted Thu 17 Nov 16 @ 7:55 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)