Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Record Cut not working

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJadamtPRO InfinityMember since 2008
my mapped record Cut button (C) doesn't do anything, even when I have the 'split on crossfader' option selected in the options and move the crossfader from side to side it doesn't cut the track to a new file like it's supposed to.

Posted Tue 01 Nov 16 @ 1:51 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Just checked and works fine here.
a button mapped as ... record_cut , creates a new recorded file everytime is pressed.
Also enabled the setting recordAutosplit and every time the crossfader was going from one edge to the other, a new files was created. Just keep in mind that you need to load a new track on the other deck to be considered as "mix" and the software to create a new split file/track

Are you trying with just mouse/keyboard or a MIDI controller/mixer (and which) ?

Posted Wed 02 Nov 16 @ 10:05 am
djdad wrote :
a button mapped as ... record_cut , creates a new recorded file everytime is pressed.
Also enabled the setting recordAutosplit and every time the crossfader was going from one edge to the other, a new files was created. Just keep in mind that you need to load a new track on the other deck to be considered as "mix" and the software to create a new split file/track

Are you trying with just mouse/keyboard or a MIDI controller/mixer (and which) ?

So is that why it wouldn't work then as I hadn't loaded a new track yet? So once I replace a track the split file will so up?

Posted Thu 03 Aug 17 @ 7:58 am
djdad wrote :

Yeah I see what you mean but that's no good for me. I need it to split the track when I say, which isn't always when I new track is added at the moment when I want to split I have to unload and reload another track first which is useless as by the time I've done that the point is which I wanted the split to be has already passed by. Why can't they leave it how it was before on the old software. This is a deal breaker for me, unless they sort this I'm not using VDJ8.

Posted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 4:23 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I'm not sure what you are trying to do, but how it works is:

If recordAutoSplit is set to no, you can manually create a split whenever you want using the record_cut action.

If recordAutoSplit is set to yes, vdj will automatically split when the new song takes over.
A split will indeed not be created if the song didn't change, but I'm not sure why you would want to create multiple splits for the same song?

Posted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 4:29 am
EpikanHome userMember since 2016
Hi guys!!

I am trying to record and it sais that "could not open file for writing!"

What I have to do?

Posted Sat 16 Sep 17 @ 10:37 am
Epikan wrote :
Hi guys!!

I am trying to record and it sais that "could not open file for writing!"

What I have to do?

It can be simple operating system rights
Try changing the path and filename of the recording you are trying to make to a place on the harddrive where you know your operating system user have the rights to write a file
On windows that could be somewhere in the "My documents" folder

Posted Sat 16 Sep 17 @ 11:42 am
EpikanHome userMember since 2016
thank you klausmogensen!

Posted Sat 16 Sep 17 @ 4:08 pm
I need help with recording I'm Using Mac book to record a mix on vdj that's 10 mins long, but for some werid reason when I analyze it after recording it reads 1 min..

Posted Sun 16 Feb 20 @ 11:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)