Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: Advice for optimal video performance and video card settings

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey guys! I spoke with Apple as I have an older model Macbook Pro from 2010 and I am thinking about upgrading to a newer model to get a better video card and video DJing is becoming way more of a regular gig for me. I have had some issues with slight freezes, but nothing too crazy. Apple swears that video DJing on this video card would be completely fine, but someone from VDJ disagreed. What, in your opinion, is optimal for great video performance, and what do you think is the minimum (just in case) you can have to keep things running smoothly? I'm getting so many different conflicting answers. Thanks for any advice!

Posted Tue 09 Aug 16 @ 3:36 am
If anyone happens to end up reading this thread, I did a ton of research and realized my VRAM is way low, like under 300! Optimal video performance suggests at LEAST 1G. I'm going to borrow a friend's computer that hag 1G for their VRAM and get back to you all and let you know if this has fixed the problem, and I'm pretty sure it will.

Posted Mon 22 Aug 16 @ 6:32 am
What kind of video card is in it exactly??

And yes the OSX does handle video better then Windows but you still need power.

Ive always been told and now live by this rule, ANY machine I buy (Windows or Mac) has to have a video card with NO LESS THEN 1 GIG OF ITS OWN RAM, Period!!

VDJ is great when it comes to video but you will need that power as you video show advances.

Posted Wed 07 Sep 16 @ 2:34 am
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
+1
I would go for at least 2GB

Posted Sat 10 Sep 16 @ 9:30 am
I updated and got a brand new Macbook Pro with 16 GB of Ram and an intel iris pro 1536 graphics card and am still having freezing issues!

other specs: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
2.2 GHz Intel Core i7

All default settings are back on and still freezing....can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

Posted Thu 13 Oct 16 @ 5:27 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)