Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VirtualDJ blue screens only when portable is NOT docked

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

alexvbHome userMember since 2003
I have a strange problem. VirtualDJ (trail 1.06) crashes 2 seconds after it starts, it crashes big time: Bleu screen of dead.

Now it only does this when my portable is not docked. When it's docked in it's docking station it works without a problem.

Any suggestions?!

Posted Mon 13 Oct 03 @ 9:44 pm
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
WHAAAOOO!!!
Very strange but I'm not sure this is a software bug.
Do you have something different when it is docked, like a monitor, LAN, some USB devices???

Posted Mon 13 Oct 03 @ 9:58 pm
Yes, the docking station is at work. It has it's own network card and works is connected to the company LAN (and has an extra monitor attached [split desktop]).

At home (where the crash always occurs), I use my wireless LAN card and without the secondary monitor.

Note: The crash also occurs when I disconnect the wireless card.

Very strange: This is the only program I have a program with.

Posted Mon 13 Oct 03 @ 10:06 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
what are your computer specs?

Posted Mon 13 Oct 03 @ 10:57 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Are you sure vdj don't want to launch in the secondary monitor? In this case if it is not connected, VDJ can't properly show itself.

Posted Tue 14 Oct 03 @ 12:00 am
Another thing could be is that VDJ may not like Intels "speed step tech" which is nothing more than slowing your systems processor speed when diconnected from it's docking station on batteries, as it is meant for battery conservation. I could see how this might be a problem as if when the system steps down, it steps below the recommended threshhold for stable VDJ operation. You can change this option in the Laptops BIOS, but your battery run time will suck!

As for the wireless card causing the crash, it maybe that your system does not like hotswapable cards, but I believe it to be is VDJ not liking not being able to go to the internet and report what tracks you are playing. You can turn this "self reporting feature" off in VDJ as per the user manual.

Regards;

Redman247

Posted Tue 14 Oct 03 @ 9:21 am
Spec of the computer: DELL Latitude C810
CPU: 1.6Ghz, RAM: 512Mb, HD: 40Mb

About VirtualDJ trying to start on the secondary monitor: No, it doesn't. Because I see it for about 2 seconds. If I'm fast enough I can still close it before I blue screen.

About the track reporting: I'll try and disable it tommorow when I'm at work (in the docking station).

Thanks.

Posted Tue 14 Oct 03 @ 9:45 am
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Sorry, he can't turn "charts" off with the trial version.

Posted Tue 14 Oct 03 @ 9:46 am
Oh, yeah, about the Intel Speed Step thing. I have a secondary power supply, so the CPU always runs at full speed.

Posted Tue 14 Oct 03 @ 9:46 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)