Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Sound Issues with V7.4.7, HP Laptop and American Audio VMS4.1

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi everyone,

First post from me so be gentle. As above I have an HP r202-na laptop running windows 8.1 and an American Audio VMS4.1. I am using VDJ LE as supplied with the controller and have upgraded from V7.0.5 as supplied to V7.4.7. I should also say that I have logged a ticket with the support tech on here, so I'm hoping that they can help.

The problem I am having is a sound issue. VDJ can be running perfectly normally but suddenly without any warning the output from the track playing is lost and is replaced by a high pitched buzz. The laptop shows VDJ still running normally with a varying audio output in the level indicators as you would normally expect to see. If I start the other deck it plays normally too, but again there is no audio output with the high pitched buzz remaining. I have tried all sorts of things such as turning of wireless, downloading ASIO drivers again, reloading VDJ again, updating PC drivers and software, different USB cables etc. etc. - I've even replaced he controller - but nothing has worked. The only way to clear the issue is to reboot the laptop.

Interestingly I have a second laptop which is working perfectly with no problems.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue and managed to resolve it? I'm guessing there is some sort of conflict going on in the laptop between it and the VDJ software.

I don't really want to have to buy another laptop - the one I'm having problems with is less than 12 months old. I would like to upgrade to the PRO version of VDJ but this issue is holding me back at the moment.

Any help or advice that anyone can provide would be much appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards,

John P.

Posted Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 9:42 am
sounds like it must be a issue with the laptop itself

have you checked to see if it could be heat related .. maybe the vents are clogged up

maybe its under warranty and u can get it replaced free? most have 1 year or more warranty.

Posted Thu 09 Jun 16 @ 1:18 am
Thanks for the reply wickedmix.

No problem with temperature - all vents are clear and I keep a check that its running cool.

Tech guys are telling me it's not a problem with VDJ - looks like I'll hold back on the PRO version for now.....

Posted Thu 09 Jun 16 @ 6:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)