Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pioneer CDJ-2000 Play Button Stopped Working with VDJ. (8.1)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi!
I'm using 2 Pioneer CDJ-2000's to control Virtual DJ 8.1. At first, everything worked beautifully. However, now when I cue a track and start to pre-mix the cued song to set up the mix, the play button on the CDJ either does nothing or it plays on a half second of the track then stops again. If you keep hitting the play button in different places it will eventually play. But by then in most cases it's too late. My first thought...it's broken! However....when i try to play a CD it works just fine! Every time! I've assigned other buttons on the CDJ to play_pause in the mapper and those buttons work as well while controlling VDJ. Is this a problem anyone has had before or am I just too hard on my buttons? I'd like to think Pioneer equipment is very durable considering it costs a fortune and I'm very sure that most DJ's have been in the moment of a passionate night and hit the buttons harder that needed. Please offer whatever advise you may have. Thank you!

Posted Thu 26 May 16 @ 6:00 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
is this issue with the PLAY buttons happening with both of your CDJs ?

Posted Thu 26 May 16 @ 6:04 am
It is. One CDJ is worse that the other. I believe I've found the answer to my issue in another section of this forum. Most likely it's the contacts that need to be cleaned? Hmmm actually that wouldn't explain the fact that the play button works when playing cds, though. I WILL try cleaning the contacts though. It's certainly worth a shot.

Posted Thu 26 May 16 @ 6:42 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)