Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: After crash I lost thousands of mp3s, videos and karaoke

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I had a major crash about 10 days ago and I lost thousands of songs after the crash. I rescanned my hard drives and they are not reappearing at all. I even did manual searches for songs knowing exactly which hard drive they were on and they are not displaying in a search. How the heck did this happen? Any help would be appreciated... How can VDJ crashing effect song files? Has anyone had this happen?

Posted Mon 23 May 16 @ 7:45 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Have you checked the files are still there in the location you expect them to be outside of VDJ?

If they are then do a check, clean and fix for all your drives databases and then readd them to the search database. If they still don't show up then rename your databases and start from scratch to test.

If they are not there outside VDJ (ie in Explorer/Finder) then you have bigger (non-VDJ) problems.

Posted Mon 23 May 16 @ 7:52 pm
They are missing from the hard drives themselves. I have a c drive and 3 externals. Each one is missing hundreds of songs. My computer and VDJ have been working fine since the crash of VDJ but songs that I had played using VDJ7 before the crash all were deleted from my drives. I cant explain it better than that. Its like any song that was played through VDJ 7 was erased. And I'm talking years worth! Even when I re download it to the folder and drive that it was originally on it shows last played as 0. I checked, cleaned, fixed and re added to the database and says the song was never played but it has been played 100 times. Very devastating!! After 5 years of having all the play history and all the other info and comments I added have all disappeared and it's like I'm starting out new. Every song I search for to play I need to re download it

Posted Mon 30 May 16 @ 9:46 pm
that is devastating and i feel your pain, I was just wondering ...have you tried a system restore?

Posted Mon 30 May 16 @ 9:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)