Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: American Audio VMS 4.1 / Virtual DJ 8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hiya

I'm hoping someone here can help/explain to me about ASIO vs VMS soundcards?

I am using a netbook, which was working fine using the VMS 4.1 soundcard, but then I wanted to record my mix, and apparently the only way to do this is to use ASIO as a soundcard. The netbook isn't solid enough to use a software based soundcard - and, like I say, was working fine using the VMS soundcard - is there no way to record (without line-in wires!) the output using the VMS soundcard?

I notice that I can't even select the VMS soundcard now ASIO is installed :(

Please advise.

I'm guessing the answer is to remove ASIO, go back to VMS soundcard, and then record to external wav recorder or something? Unless..... ?

Thanks for any help

Posted Tue 17 May 16 @ 12:59 am
I think you're confused.

The VMS4.1 audio interface is ASIO (i.e. it has its own ASIO driver). ASIO drivers are specific to the interface for which they're written, so unless you have another interface that also uses its own ASIO driver, I don't understand your comments about "VMS vs ASIO".

If the ASIO you're talking about is not the VMS4.1 driver, what is it?

You're not referring to ASIO4ALL by any chance? That actually isn't an ASIO driver. It's an emulation - i.e. it's designed to fool software into thinking your interface is an ASIO compatible one when it isn't. These days there isn't much need for this as software now generally works with any drivers, not just ASIO.

Posted Wed 18 May 16 @ 7:12 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)