Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DJ7 crashed and view options doesn't work now

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I lost show music, video and karaoke options. I tried a repair but that didn't work. Any help please? This never happened in the past. I've been running 7 on this computer for 5 years without a glitch

Posted Sat 14 May 16 @ 2:37 pm
If your not supporting vdj 7 anymore, at least please advise! Or no one at VDJ visits the VDJ 7 support forum as you are focusing on 8?

Posted Mon 16 May 16 @ 12:22 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Have you tried re installing the software?
Start with a fresh install file to be sure its good.

Posted Mon 16 May 16 @ 4:08 pm
Yes I tried reinstalling, repairing nothing worked... I just figured it out last night. By clicking one button in "configure" you loose music, video and karaoke viewing options in the browser and that button is not in the "browser" options. Why would VDJ have done such a silly thing and no one could answer me since I posted it last weekend? This button has nothing to do with the browser!! I tried turning off everything in the free home version and thats how I discovered it. No matter which version of VDJ 7 you use it functions like this. Doesn't make any sense VDJ team!! Sure did screw my night up... Then waiting 4 days and ZERO help I got desperate and tried every possibility.

Posted Wed 18 May 16 @ 11:40 am
Still not clear which button in config does this.

Posted Wed 18 May 16 @ 4:04 pm
No I didn't make it clear on purpose as I was upset not getting a response from the team in 4 days. Open config., click video tab, click enable/ disable video engine and see what happens. What does the browser have to do with the video engine?

Frank

Posted Wed 18 May 16 @ 6:39 pm
Thank God I had another software as a back up on my computer with all the music pre-scanned. In the end it was a simple problem that I could not get help for from VDJ experts in 4 days. Seems weird to me!

Posted Wed 18 May 16 @ 6:43 pm
Wow isn't that odd, interesting find, unfortunate but still.

I'm sorry nobody picked this up, but maybe if you had thrown it right out there somebody would have.
Quirky little things scare people, quirky things with proof fascinate.

Maybe there is a reason for it, maybe its In the user guide, I will never know, lol.

Posted Wed 18 May 16 @ 9:14 pm

Posted Thu 19 May 16 @ 5:18 am
Sorry its not logical in any sense... It also affected my mp3s!! I have 79,000 mp3s and it only displayed that there was only 139. When your working as a full time DJ in the same bar for 16 years at a busy time and this happens you need to think quick. No time for google dude. Thankfully I had just tested another software during the week and had scanned all my music. Why would VDJ put an enable/disable button for the video engine which would also effect the browser?? I was having problems with the video before it finally crashed. I use video 100% of the time but you can also play video without displaying it so where is the logic of the button hiding video files? Anyway I figured it out on my own time and thats what counts.

Posted Thu 19 May 16 @ 4:55 pm
I left the door open for a logical reason, obviously if your not doing video or karaoke, mp3s should be just as they were with it enabled.
The reason its there is so djs doing audio only with less powerful computers can shut the engine down and conserve cpu power.
Maybe this was a carry over from the weak pc days where we had so many stuttering and latency issues.
As you know, video djs have always had higher pc requirements, so it does make sense to me I guess.

Posted Thu 19 May 16 @ 5:19 pm
Today is certainly different... As I was saying I work in a bar that has 16 video screens but they are only on 2 days a week to display videos, the rest of the week they are set to sports channels. I lease my music from one source so leasing mp3s with one company and then leasing video from another doesn't make sense anymore. I stick to a video subscription but I use those videos as regular MP#s(per say!) when I'm DJing during the 5 nights that don't display video. When I do private events with the same system 95% of clients don't want the video but as I said I only subscribe to one service so I'm actually playing video but clients don't know that. I understand what your saying about older computers and why VDJ put that enable button there. But strangely enough my mp3s disappeared too only displaying about 139 or so. I also wanna switch 100% to version 8 but there are some functions that I got used to in 7 but they aren't in 8. I've asked in the past for a few simple modifications but VDJ doesn't think they need to be added to 8. Lately I've been looking at other products out there that can hopefully do exactly what I'm looking for. I DJ 6 days a week and focusing on my client's demands are most important to me. For example I use the automix section just like the sidelist to put songs in to remind me that I should play them at some point during the evening or for special requests from clients. I'm use to using the drag and drop in VDJ 7 to remove songs with just one movement. In 8 you have to right click then click remove. That's already one step extra. As software advances this feature went backwards in 8. Sounds like a simple thing to do but when you get use to doing it one way you wanna continue doing it that way or easier. Enough whining (lol) I got to get ready for work!

Posted Thu 19 May 16 @ 11:21 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)