Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Is the NS7ii operation with vdj 8 / 8.1 more stable that ns7iii

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

drjustPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Can the Ns7iii be operated with ns7ii drivers in order to achieve performance stability......just purchased ns7iii, and running into various problems with sound quality play back as well as the play back pausing as though some one has touched the platter....some times there has been no master audio out put playing on the master.

So would it be possible to run the ns7iii on ns7ii drivers etc.....I dont intend on using the screens at all so thats not a factor for me.

need help asap to clean up the performance quality as I have a party tonight (atlantic time zone) as i write this its 4 am

if any one can provide details on what settings should be set up as in order to achieve a clean audio play back that would be great.

Posted Sat 14 May 16 @ 7:13 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Did you ever get this issue resolved?
I am intermittently getting the same issue, as if someone touched the platter.

Posted Fri 21 Oct 16 @ 7:15 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Mine runs great. You may want to separate your USB cables. I have heard that combining the screen with the controller is a bit of a heavy USB load. I have used mine with the screens and board separated. No USB hubs either. If possible, plug them into separate USB busses. Many USB ports are on the same buss so there sometimes can be no real benefit to separating.

Next I would try increasing your latency here

Posted Sun 23 Oct 16 @ 11:24 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thanks for the info DHoude.
Had the problem on Thursday and then at my last 3 gigs, no problem at all. If it returns, I will try the latency setting first and then separating the USBs as you suggested. I happen to know that the left and right side of my laptop have separate internal hubs, so easy enough to do.

Posted Tue 25 Oct 16 @ 4:18 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
The latency is going to make the controller have more of a delay for scratching and all. I would separate the screens before the latency. Your choice, but I see raising the latency as more of a band-aid than a goto fix.

Posted Thu 27 Oct 16 @ 4:19 pm
I have the ns7iii also. What is the best setting for latency ? I don't understand latency can someone explain in as basic term as possible thanks

Posted Fri 09 Dec 16 @ 10:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)