Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Y cable between to EQ's to speakers

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

sa-dj01PRO InfinityMember since 2015
Hi all

I've got two identical systems, one main and one a backup.

Laptop > DJ Controller > Graphic Equalizer > powered speakers

My Question is:

Can I connect a XLR Y Cable between the two Graphic Equalizer going into one to the powered speakers

I will be playing from the main system but if something happens I would like to just hit play on my backup system without the need to reconnect speaker outputs from the one system to the other.

Thanks

Posted Wed 11 May 16 @ 10:00 pm
I don't understand where exactly you want to put your Y cable, but the short answer is "yes you can"
However it would be better not to do so, depending on the circuit board of your EQ's

If I was you I would use a small mixer to "mix" the signal of the two controllers before the EQ and I would "get rid" of the second EQ (the chances that the EQ fails are extremely small)

Posted Wed 11 May 16 @ 11:00 pm
sa-dj01PRO InfinityMember since 2015
Thanks for your reply.

Both system are designed to be stand alone systems

Posted Thu 12 May 16 @ 6:09 am
connecting a simply y cable splitter will mean that the audio source will be terminated twice, not ideal, but as they are relatively high Z, all you will notice is a small drop in output level , which you should be able to compensate for .

other solutions may include using your booth out (if your controller has one), or maybe your EQ has a second line or rec out ?, many do ...

Posted Tue 31 May 16 @ 4:07 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)