Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mixtrack Quad LEDs Purple?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm having a new problem where the LEDs along the top of my Mixtrack Quad are all purple (when they should be off)...

I did recently update to VDJ 8 but I am not sure if the controller has worked properly since then or not. I have tried changing the mappers. If I use the "Default" VDJ mapping then I have the purple button issue. If I use the Mixtrack mappers then the buttons do not light up at all even when activated.

Any suggestions are welcomed. This one has me stumped. Thanks!

Posted Thu 05 May 16 @ 1:00 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
We have used different colors for Effects and different for Loops (when SHIFT is pressed).
So the 4 top ones are magenta and blink when Effect is active and purple when Shift is pressed (for the Loops) and blue when Loop is active.
The functionality of the unit in VirtualDJ 8 is explained in the Operation manual as well .. http://www.virtualdj.com/documents/Numark%20Mixtrack%20Quad%20-%20VirtualDJ%208%20Operation%20Guide.pdf

The ver 8 mapping is updated in version 8 to include all available colors and now uses the constant '#HtmlColor' action for the RGB leds.
If you wish to modify the default mapping and change colors or turn off the pads, you can replace the #html color (e..g replace constant '#1DF0D7' with constant 'red') or even replace the constant action with off.

Posted Thu 05 May 16 @ 2:23 am
djdad wrote :
We have used different colors for Effects and different for Loops (when SHIFT is pressed).
So the 4 top ones are magenta and blink when Effect is active and purple when Shift is pressed (for the Loops) and blue when Loop is active.
The functionality of the unit in VirtualDJ 8 is explained in the Operation manual as well .. http://www.virtualdj.com/documents/Numark%20Mixtrack%20Quad%20-%20VirtualDJ%208%20Operation%20Guide.pdf

The ver 8 mapping is updated in version 8 to include all available colors and now uses the constant '#HtmlColor' action for the RGB leds.
If you wish to modify the default mapping and change colors or turn off the pads, you can replace the #html color (e..g replace constant '#1DF0D7' with constant 'red') or even replace the constant action with off.

Awesome. I wasn't able to find the hexidecimal numbers anywhere in the mapper file I had, but now I did find them in the "Default" mappers. I have no idea why they would change all those buttons to magenta...but now i'll just go back and make my controller look prettier. Thanks for the help!

Posted Thu 05 May 16 @ 11:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)