Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Loop move mapping difficulties

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Anybody know how to do this?

I want to make a loop move using an encoder and i have tried two different things that almost are what I want.

Param smaller 0? loop_move - 4 : loop _move +4 (This one works but when i move the loop forward i want the song position to move accordingly which it doesn't (The active loop waits for the playhead)

Param smaller 0? goto - 4 : goto +4 does what this^^^ fails to do, but this one doesn't sync with the beats or bars (it moves in a sort of weird increment).

Any ideas?

Posted Mon 02 May 16 @ 4:26 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
A combination of both would be:

Param_smaller 0 ? loop_move -4 & goto -4 : loop _move +4 & goto +4

But I think what you want is this:

Param_smaller 0 ? loop_move -4 & seek -4 : loop _move +4 & seek +4

Posted Mon 02 May 16 @ 12:08 pm
Thanks a lot for trying to help but no luck :( the first thing you said does the same as if i leave it out (when i do just goto command or auto loop and goto together exactly how you said they do the same thing)

The second thing you said should make sense but it makes everything go crazy (the song will keep skipping by itself till it reaches the end and when i load a new track in it keeps doing that to the second track and won't stop till i change the commands back.

Any other ideas? If you've ever used an s4 with traktor, thats basically what i'm trying to accomplish (have similar loop capabilities with an S4 in VDJ as traktor has)

Posted Wed 04 May 16 @ 1:17 am
*loop move, not auto loop

Posted Wed 04 May 16 @ 1:18 am
Basically I believe what you want is this:

param_smaller 0 ? loop_move -4 : loop_move +4 & goto +4

Posted Wed 04 May 16 @ 5:08 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)