Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-RZ in External Mixer Mode - Problems with PFL CUE

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm using a Pioneer DDJ-RZ in external mixer mode with custom device file and custom mapper, but having an issue with the PFL CUE's not working when cross fader selected A on left deck (deck1/channel 1) and B on right deck (deck 2/channel 2). For example, if I am playing a track on deck 1 and crossfader set on A position for deck 1, when I want to cue a track on deck 2 i cant hear the audio in the headphones while the crossfader is on A (if I move crossfader to B then I hear the audio). The rotary knob for headphones is set to "cue" not "master". The only way to cue is to switch the crossfader to "thru" and have the channel fader to zero, but on my previous console (DDJ-S1) it was possible to CUE while the cross fader was set. The only difference is that the S1 was using Mixer+Headphones and the RZ is set to external mixer. Can anyone assist for configuring the PFL CUE's in external mixer mode while having the crossfader set. VDJ is v8.1 pro infinity. Thanks in advance.

Posted Sun 03 Apr 16 @ 12:27 pm
Since you are using DDJ RZ as a hardware mixer you need to disable the software crossfader.
You can do that via settings or better yet use fake_mixer on on the ONINIT of the mapper.
Check out the DDJ-SZ mapper to see how it's done

Posted Tue 05 Apr 16 @ 6:23 pm
Thanks. Had a few issues with this as I'm primarily video mixing. There is the audio crossfader which is on external mixer (hardware) but the video crossfader remains on the software crossfader. I selected 'NO' for VideoCrossfaderLink as the software audio crossfader is now disabled, and selected 'YES' for VideoCrossfaderAuto, however the video crossfader doesnt automatically move until the track has finished playing which is not the way I would need it to work, I would need the video crossfader to automatically move to follow the audio crossfader as if it were linked the same way it does in the software crossfader. Any suggestions in this regard appreciated.

Posted Mon 18 Apr 16 @ 6:56 am
Go on settings and find the option "crossfaderDisable"
This will disable the audio crossfader inside VirtualDj.
Then you can "link" audio and video crossfader without affecting the sound.

Alternatively you can change the RZ mapper you have and type video_crossfader instead of crossfader

Posted Mon 18 Apr 16 @ 7:15 am
famiganPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Thanks, thanks, thanks!!! I donĀ“t know the fake_mixer setting.

Posted Fri 23 Sep 16 @ 1:06 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)