Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Has anyone a definition file available for the Vestax VCM600?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello everyone,

Has anyone a definition file for the "old" Vestax VCM 600 to get the led's working?
I tried to write one myself, with having the explanation from the vdj-wiki and a few example files for other controllers, but couldn't get the led's blink after trying for some days... :-((

Thanks in advance

Posted Mon 14 Mar 16 @ 6:54 pm
Persistence always wins... Got it working... ;-)

Posted Sun 20 Mar 16 @ 2:58 am
Will you now be uploading it here to share with everyone via the official download section? :-)

Posted Sun 20 Mar 16 @ 11:14 am
Sure GroovinDJ,

I am designing a skin for the Vestax VCM-600 with six players, 2 aux/cd inputs and the sampler. The idea is to use a special version of VDj and the VCM-600 for live-broadcasting and -radioshows (with beatmixing), not primarly for use in the clubs. When the skin and definition/mapperfile is all ready i will share it on the addonspage.

Cheers ;-)

Posted Sun 20 Mar 16 @ 7:32 pm
I have always wanted a VCM600, but never actually got around to buying one.

I too have thought about using it with VDJ and having a skin to go with it, so your project is very interesting.

Posted Sun 20 Mar 16 @ 8:22 pm
Yeah, the Vestax company bankrupted recently, but still you can buy a new VCM-600 on Ebay. I bought mine a few weeks ago from a company in Germany who has both the grey and the black version still in stock. It's an interesting mixer if you want something else than the standard controller layout and is well built. The only thing i came across is that all eq and filter pots don't have a centerclick in the middle position... I'll keep in touch with the project ;-)

Posted Sun 20 Mar 16 @ 9:21 pm
kimberlydeluxe wrote :
a company in Germany

I bet that's the same place I've been looking! I'd better get one quickly.

Posted Sun 20 Mar 16 @ 9:53 pm
www.recordcase.de That's the company on ebay I ordered mine, took about a week to get the thing here in Holland. ;-)

Posted Sun 20 Mar 16 @ 10:37 pm
Because the VCM-600 has the layout of a "normal" line mixer, you could use it as one too; hook it to a software mixer in a VST host, or use VDJ in a special mixer only skin version with line or mic inputs and outputs in combination with a fast soundcard or Dante network. The only issue are stacking latencies...
And time hahaha, If i have some spare time i will tweak a little....
And asking myself, why would we want a standalone software mixer based on VDJ? maybe because we can? ;-)

Posted Mon 21 Mar 16 @ 12:49 am

Posted Mon 21 Mar 16 @ 12:55 am
Yes, that's the place! The price seems to have increased since the last time I looked.

I'm still undecided. I buy too many gadgets as it is. Do I need it? No. Do I want it? Yes!

Posted Mon 21 Mar 16 @ 6:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)