Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Video Lag Very Disappointed with this product.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

CmexlPRO SubscriberMember since 2011
Used the video editor to simply overlay some stills to a track. Everything lines up perfectly. Playback is a f*ing abortion. Nothing pops in as it's supposed to. Track runs right on, stills, catch up eventually after missing some, and freezing on others. Video same problem, out of sync. Nothing I've tried from the six gazillion fixes I've seen posted on Vimeo, Youtube, or other posts fixes the problem. Running Windows 7 Pro. Video cards are AMD R9 200 series. 2 of them. 3 Gigs of DDR5 per card. 16gigs of PC Ram. Plenty of room on the solid state drive its running on. I can't record my video mixes to MP4 says unable to start recording. But it keeps saving a file with a new (#) next to it as if it did record. Program is complete garbage from my perspective. Now I doubt anyone will respond to this with any helpful information. But for the record, I've been using Virtual DJ since 2011. So you can assume, I know what the f* I'm doing with this program. However time and time again new and improved means new, and less likely to do what you want it to do correctly. Sure it's supposed to do what you want it to. But that's where it ends. And I can see from the other posts and replies I've read, it's a known issue, that no one is acknowledging from the Atomix side. And certainly not in a hurry to fix. Everyone wants to know if the same old mundane and basic steps have been tried. Answer in my case: Yes...all of them. Sorry to say, I can't seem to outsmart the piss poor programming put into this one.

Posted Sun 06 Mar 16 @ 3:36 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
OK since you're a pro subscriber talking about the video editor I'm going to assume you're talking about v8, even though you're posted in the v7 support section.

So first things first these aren't known issues. At least not to us.

Video recording: I just did a clean VDJ install. Opened it, opened settings, went to record. Changed from mp3 to mp4, clicked the ellipsis and selected a destination file. Hit start record and it says waiting for sound. I start a file playing and it records. Perhaps a screenshot of the record section from the options screen might help here.

Video editor: On the same clean install I opened an MP4 in the video editor, overlaid an image, positioned it, sized it and saved it as a new edit. I then loaded that edit to a deck and it played exactly as laid out in the video editor. Perhaps sharing the vdjedit file that was created by VirtualDJ would be useful.

I'm not doubting that you are having issues, but they are certainly not the widespread known issue you are saying. We will be willing to work with you to resolve our issues; perhaps contacting our live chat support on Monday might be a good start. I would request if you do contact support that you are a bit politer than you have been in your post as if you start swearing at them you may find your support session terminated.

Posted Sun 06 Mar 16 @ 9:12 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
OK so a performance improvement for handling still images in the video editor has been made and will be available in a future build.

Posted Sun 06 Mar 16 @ 12:34 pm
CmexlPRO SubscriberMember since 2011
Thank you for the reply. With respect to the stills. One or two stills works fine. As you have probably discovered, multiple stills in a chain will get out of time. Playing them in the editor shows perfect alignment. Playing them through the Mixer causes issues. You've mentioned that there is a fix coming. So I appreciate the information on that.

Also with respect to swearing on the forum. That was not an appropriate way to express my frustration. I apologize for being so abrasive with my language. I don't think it's necessarily new language to any of us who are around the music scene. However I should have used better judgement in conveying my disappointment in a forum such as this. And for that. I do truly apologize. I hope you will accept it. And I will refrain from using colorful language in any further posts I may have the occasion to put forth.

With respect to the MP4 recording. I have pulled an MP4 from another library and used that as the destination file for MP4 recording and the mixer for two or three occasions recognized it and used it as the destination file. Of course, it changed the file name each time as directed in the audio, and record settings. However, it now has decided once again that even though I have targeted through to the same location and the same file name that it no longer wants use that. So I seem to be back where I started.

Apologies for posting in the VDJ7 forum. I assumed it was for all VDJ applications. I'll pay closer attention going forward. Perhaps my angst with trying to get a program that I normally can drive right through to work for me got the better of me. For that I will also extend an apology.

Appreciate the response. No personal attack was intended.

Posted Sun 06 Mar 16 @ 11:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)