Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HID help -- Logitech Gameboards (G13, G15, etc...)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey,

Anyone here have experience working with HID devices?

I emailed Logitech looking for a concise source of HID info, sort of in the style of a MIDI implementation chart. In my brief toying with HID trace, there seemed quite odd behaviors, such as double click toggling flags, no clear indication of page changing.

So my G13 is pure HID, has an LCD, and can run its own applets. Anyone here used VDJ like this? So far, Logitech sent nothing, maybe they don't care about applications beyond gaming. The potential here is evident. I can do custom MIDI definition, can also code and probably gonna toy in python for this.

I found a nice USB logger, but it's a short trial, not going to install right now... Anyone got a similar toy who has pointers or is up to collaborate?

The Logitech API and SDKs can maybe have potential, then again, it's "unity", "unreal engine", or raw code input... Maybe with a VDJ plugin? With "Arx", there is even Android/iOS device interaction, and extra screen for info.

Clues from HID mappers please chime in, and anyone who wants to help with a bit of advice, experience or even just curiosity... please reply here or post to my wall... Thanks!

Posted Wed 10 Feb 16 @ 8:31 pm
Basically all HID devices are mapped like this:
1) Define ALL elements as what they are. If a a bit is a toggle of a button's double click then define it as a toggle with the name "X_BTN_DBLCLK"
2) Once done, decide how you want to map all these elements you have. You may decide to leave the dblclick button unused, or you may use it to toggle a setting or whatever your imagination tells you.
3) The hard part is always HID output (PC to HID device) as without documentation it's very hard to find out how to "talk" to the leds, screens e.t.c. of the device (IF it uses HID for that)

Posted Thu 11 Feb 16 @ 8:26 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)