Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VirtualDJ demo 1.06 crashes my Windows 2000

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

chriszPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi,

Installation works fine. I can start VirtualDJ but after a few seconds it crashes Windows 2000 with a blue screen. I believe with an exception in uhcy.sys.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

Posted Fri 10 Oct 03 @ 7:00 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Please provide your system specifications.
cpu/speed/ram

Posted Fri 10 Oct 03 @ 7:42 pm
I am using a Toshiba Portege 7100 series Laptop. CPU is Intel Pentium 3 with 500 MHz. 320 MB RAM. OS is Windows 2000 with SP4 installed.

The blue screen says it is an error called:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

and this time it was in a different driver called Ircom.sys.

It happens a few seconds after starting up VDJ even without doing anything.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Posted Fri 10 Oct 03 @ 8:43 pm
The minimum requirement to run Virtual DJ is:

PIII 850 MhZ computer
800x600 SVGA video
DirectX compatible soundcard
128 MB RAM
20 MB free on the hard-drive

The recommended configuration is:

PIV 1.2 GhZ computer
1024x768 SVGA video
4.1 DirectX compatible soundcard (with front and rear separate outputs)
512 MB RAM
20 MB free on the hard-drive

I think with 500MHz your cpu don't have enough speed

Posted Fri 10 Oct 03 @ 8:50 pm
I am aware of the requirements. I run a lot of other programs e.g. AtomixMP3 and it works just fine from a performance perspective.

In any case, I don't think that the crash of Windows 2000 is related to the fact the I am missing a faster CPU.

Posted Fri 10 Oct 03 @ 9:00 pm
I think it very well might be. VDJ uses a lot more system resourses than the other programs you are trying to run.
you could try adding more ram, but I don't think that is the worst of your problems. Best thing is to continue using Atomixmp3 until you upgrade your computer.

(maybe, unless someone else reads this thread and can offer up some other ideas.)

Posted Fri 10 Oct 03 @ 9:52 pm
Guys,

VDJ crashes Windows 2000 before I even load a track or do anthing.

Chris

Posted Sat 11 Oct 03 @ 12:36 am
Let's try it this way. First read through the forums. Nobody else is reporting anything similar. So far, your computer specs are the lowest I remember seeing anyone trying VDJ with.
So with that in mind, I am asking all other users who read these words... is anyone having any sucess running VDJ on anything close to a P-3 500m computer?

I think as soon as you try to launch it, it is already seeking more resourses than your computer can supply. (again, I could of course be wrong) You might try making sure that NOTHING what so ever is running in the background. This might free up enough that VDJ can at least open. You may still however have difficulties actually using it.

Posted Sat 11 Oct 03 @ 1:36 am
Looking through your error messages you reported, I unfortunately have to ask a few more questons from you to try and trouble shoot this a bit further.

1. Have you installed any new hardware recently. (i.e. PCMCIA type II cads , Other USB devices) If so what is it?

2. What other software have you installed recently?

By looking at the error message and the other things you mentioned it almost sounds like an IRQ conflict between two devices (and of course thier drivers). My guess besides the allready stated lower performance hardware, would be that you have a NIC or a modem conflicting with a sound card. Which would make sense as VDJ as designed for audio hardware.

We can try an experiment to see if I am going in the right direction with this, so try this and also tell me what happens.

1. start win2k, as soon as your system goes through POST press F8 (before the B&W screen showing windows is loading.)

2. A menu will pop up giving you various choices for starting Win2k. Choose "Safe Mode" (Without networking support).

3. Login to Win2k and start VDJ, see if it crashes. If it doesn't then I am most likely right about an IRQ conflict or a driver problem of some sort. If it crashes. Well then like every one else here as said so far, your system is too weak for VDJ.

Regards;

Redman247

Posted Sat 11 Oct 03 @ 9:55 pm
hello chrisz & DJ Rick ;)
I have a friend with a Pentium II Processor , 32 MB Ram, 2 MB Video Card, Win98 ;)
VDJ working slowly, but not crash ;))
So chrisz, try to buy another System, or change it ! :)
bye bye :)

Posted Sun 12 Oct 03 @ 12:39 pm
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Impressive !!!

Posted Sun 12 Oct 03 @ 5:53 pm
nscodeHome userMember since 2003
I'll try to get in tuch with my friend and install it on his 386, 8 MB RAM, that is if I get Win98 running :) If it works there, it is defenitly not the performance that is causing the crash :)

Posted Mon 13 Oct 03 @ 7:33 am
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Blue screens are not Virtual DJ's related but a problem in your configuration.

Posted Thu 16 Oct 03 @ 1:55 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)