Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Trouble With Gemini G4V and VDJ 8.1

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Greets. Have recently invested in Gemini G4V a couple months ago...decided to make switch from Numark Mixtrack Pro and Numark N4. Out of the box, ran the Gemini software updater tool to ensure most recent firmware on controller; running VDJ 8.1 bld 2770. Using the 'default' mapping for G4V, noticed a nagging problem. When loading or playing tracks on any of the four decks, the BPM fluctuates wildly (anywhere from .05 to 5.00 BPM) once I use the pitch sliders to adjust the tempo. BPM is steady at '0', steady at extreme '-', steady at extreme '+'. The fluctuations occur moving the sliders anywhere in between. Of course this was an annoyance when I used the controller for my first two gigs since I tend to do a lot of loops when blending tracks...typically don't use sync, but had to in this case to make sure tracks lined up.

Multiple emails with Gemini support resulted in them concluding 'bad pitch sliders' and they shipped me a second controller. Same issue surfaced again! Teamviewer remote session with VDJ support "Max" found that disabling the LEDs for channel and master L/R VU meters enabled the pitch sliders to adjust the tempo for playing tracks w/o the wild BPM fluctuations! I used that custom mapping for my last two gigs and had no problems with BPM fluctuation. However, none of the channel or master L/R VU LEDs are lit, forcing me to look at the level LEDs in VDJ or at the actual Mackie mixer at the venue. I never had this problem with the Mixtrack Pro or N4.

My question to forum is: (1) Is anyone else out there having this issue with G2V or G4V? If so, what is workaround to get all features enabled and working together? (2) If there is no other custom mapping out there that enables the VU LEDs to be enabled while not conflicting with pitch slider functionality, who should be expected to make code/software changes to fix this -- Gemini or VDJ? I'm disappointed that I have a brand new controller out of the box and all advertised features aren't working together properly due to code conflicts. Thanks.

Posted Wed 27 Jan 16 @ 2:31 am
jbezzPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I have a G2V and I also updated the firmware to get the LED's working! I have no issues with VDJ 8.1 b.2828 (latest public build). Maybe your firmware got corrupted during the update! Why not reinstall the firmware via the updater! It's worth a shot and it can't hurt anything to try!
Good luck!

Posted Tue 02 Feb 16 @ 2:48 pm
Thanks for writing jbezz! I did use the software updater tool for the G4V and it says I have latest software installed. Problem is the VU meter LEDs (when turned on) cause conflict with the pitch slider tempo adjustment function. In the skin, the BPM jumps all over the place .05 <-> 5.00 BPM while the volume LEDs are on. Created a custom mapping to turn all the volume LEDs off and the pitch sliders work as normal. E.g. a song analyzed at 85 BPM and adjusted to 88.5 stays there...not jumping between random numbers in the skin. I have a video of exactly what happens, but not sure if it'll upload in this message thread.

Anyway, support says Dev team on it and I have to wait for a build that addresses it. Bummer!

Posted Wed 03 Feb 16 @ 3:54 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)