Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Flashing the sync button to the beat

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
There was a post on Facebook from a user whom would like to see the Sync button flash to the beat. Based on what I know about the mapping, it seems plausible.

Any quick script action that is known to do this?

Thanks!
Drew

Posted Fri 22 Jan 16 @ 7:10 pm
LED_SYNC
get_beat

Posted Fri 22 Jan 16 @ 7:15 pm
LED_SYNC
sync

Posted Fri 22 Jan 16 @ 7:17 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If you want a LED to blink on beat, even on silent parts (so, following the beatgird), you need something like..
get_beatpos & param_mod 1 & param_smaller 0.25 ? on : off

Posted Fri 22 Jan 16 @ 8:20 pm
When seeing script strings like this, it would be nice to know exactly what each part of it is doing. What does it mean and why does it need to be there?

In other words, translate it from VDJ Script into English. :-)

Posted Fri 22 Jan 16 @ 9:36 pm
Ha ha. I know.

I modified some script for LEDs on my SX2 to get it to do what I wanted. I have no idea what It meant but it worked after about 30 minutes of changing this and that.

The VDJ script is very powerful but really needs a "wizard" rather than just typing it in freehand.

Apart from Babis, George & Loco pretty much no-one else really has a clue to the true strength of it or what most of it means.

Posted Fri 22 Jan 16 @ 9:56 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
love that LED script from djdad

Posted Fri 22 Jan 16 @ 10:02 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
get_beatpos & param_mod 1 & param_smaller 0.25 ? on : off
the above script will turn the LED on if all 3 actions return true (actually the combined result) and off if false.
get_beatpos returns the position of the beatgrid as decimal... So it returns 4.0 when the track is exactly at the 4th beat, 4.5 if its halfway between 4th and 5th beat etc.
param_mod 1 gets rid of the integer part so you always get 0.0 , 0.1, 0.2.... 0.9 0.99
param_smaller 0.25 means that its true if the previous value is less than 0.25
So combining all 3 of them you get the LED turned on if the beat position is from 0.0 (on beat) till 0.25 (25% far away from the beat comparing to the position of the next one) and off in all other positions

Hope my English is as good as my scripts ;)

Posted Fri 22 Jan 16 @ 10:24 pm
LED_Sync Get_Beat

Posted Sat 23 Jan 16 @ 3:52 pm
Wow, thanks for the explanation. Really helps!

Posted Sat 23 Jan 16 @ 3:55 pm
Use "get_beat" instead of "get_beatpos... " command for the auto mode of the Numark Party Mix for some near perfect results. Only issue with the get_beat is that I don't know how to increase its sensitivity just slightly so that it strobes on buildups instead of slowing down from the lack of bass before the drop.

Posted Thu 10 Nov 16 @ 6:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)