Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Playlists & sorting by BPM

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I was trying to play around with the playlist in VDJ, and thought it might be cool if we were able to sort the playlist by BPM. I don't know if other people would care about this or not, but I only ask because I have thousands of songs, so I divide them up by genre... and I hate to sub-divide even more (such as Z:\music\alternative\wedding). So I have playlists (ie. wedding - clean hip hop) so that I don't need to sift through all the music I know people at that setting aren't going to want to hear. Anyways, I don't know what sorting playlists by BPM would involve, seeing as how none of my tags carry the BPM info, but it would be a cool feature.

A small bug (very minor) relating to playlists in VDJ 1.05:
When your scrolling throug your directories in VDJ, and you come across your playlist files, if you just double click on it from the browser window (in VDJ) it loads the list, but all the songs show up as missing. But once you use the "load playlist" button in the playlist windows to load a playlist, THEN from then on you are able to just double click on any of your playlist files and when they open up the files in the list, the songs actually show up as being there (in other words, there aren't any yellow question marks next to the songs in the playlist).

Thanks.

Posted Fri 10 Oct 03 @ 3:40 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)