Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Loading a playlist with a button: problem with focus?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

This...

<button action="browser_gotofolder 'Y:\PLAYLISTS\DISCO SPA' & playlist_load & switch_sidelist_playlist">

...or this...

<button action="browser_gotofolder 'Y:\PLAYLISTS\DISCO SPA' & browser_window 'songs' & playlist_load & switch_sidelist_playlist">

...or this...

<button action="browser_gotofolder 'Y:\PLAYLISTS\DISCO SPA' & browser_enter & playlist_load & switch_sidelist_playlist">

...or this...

<button action="browser_gotofolder 'Y:\PLAYLISTS\DISCO SPA' & browser_window 'folders' & browser_enter & playlist_load & switch_sidelist_playlist">

...does not load the playlist, because the browser fails to set the focus on the songs of the playlist. Is there any way of making the browser give the focus on the loaded playlist, so that it can be loaded into the automix (and then moved to the sidelist)?

Posted Sat 16 Jan 16 @ 4:23 pm
Doesn't anyone here know how to put the focus on the songs of a loaded playlist (so that they can be sent to the automix and thus also to the sidelist) ?

Posted Sat 16 Jan 16 @ 5:34 pm
I'm not 100% sure what you are trying to acheive but

playlist_load & browser_window 'automix'

Will load the selected playlist or whatever is in the centre filelist section to Automix and then switch the focus to that list.

Posted Sat 16 Jan 16 @ 5:38 pm
Thanks Dan.

What I am trying to do is make a button that - depending on certain variables - loads a certain playlist in the browser, then loads the songs from that playlist in the automix, and then switches the playlist to the sidelist... (I have a nice panel especially made for the sidelist, see?) So this way i can load a playlist with the touch of a button :)

THIS SEEMS TO BE WORKING:

<button action="browser_gotofolder 'Y:\PLAYLISTS\DISCO SPA.m3u' & browser_window 'folders' & browser_enter & playlist_load & switch_sidelist_playlist">

(Note that I forgot the playlist extension in my former codes...)

I'll try to add some conditionals and see if it still works...

Posted Sat 16 Jan 16 @ 5:50 pm
SHORT INTRO:

I have these theme shows:

"SWING THAT JAZZ" (1920s-1940s)
"ROCK AROUND THE CLOCK" (1950s-1960s)
"DISCO FEVER" (1970s-1980s)
"IN DA HOUSE" (1990s-2000s)

...and these languages (of info about the song and/or artist shown on screen during the music video):

NO TEXT
SPANISH
ENGLISH
DUAL (both Spanish and English)

So at the beginning of each show I set the language and the type of show. From these variables, a lot that happens on my skin depends. The browser will open in a certain folder, a certain playlist is loaded (which i use as an "auto-pilot" for background music to set the mood before my session starts), a certain sidelist is loaded (which is the specific show's playing guideline), certain effects are available, etc. etc.

Okay, back to business: for anyone wanting to get those playlists loaded and ready to go WITH THE TOUCH OF (a few) BUTTON (s)...

This seems to do the trick or me:

<button action="var_equal '$SESSION' 1 ? var_equal '$LANGUAGE' 1 ? browser_gotofolder 'Y:\PLAYLISTS\HOUSE SPA.m3u' & browser_window 'folders' & browser_enter & playlist_load & switch_sidelist_playlist : var_equal '$LANGUAGE' 2 ? browser_gotofolder 'Y:\PLAYLISTS\HOUSE ENG.m3u' & browser_window 'folders' & browser_enter & playlist_load & switch_sidelist_playlist : var_equal '$LANGUAGE' 3 ? browser_gotofolder 'Y:\PLAYLISTS\HOUSE DUAL.m3u' & browser_window 'folders' & browser_enter & playlist_load & switch_sidelist_playlist : browser_gotofolder 'Y:\PLAYLISTS\HOUSE.m3u' & browser_window 'folders' & browser_enter & playlist_load & switch_sidelist_playlist : var_equal '$SESSION' 2 ? var_equal '$LANGUAGE' 1 ? browser_gotofolder 'Y:\PLAYLISTS\DISCO SPA.m3u' & browser_window 'folders' & browser_enter & playlist_load & switch_sidelist_playlist : var_equal '$LANGUAGE' 2 ? browser_gotofolder 'Y:\PLAYLISTS\DISCO ENG.m3u' & browser_window 'folders' & browser_enter & playlist_load & switch_sidelist_playlist : var_equal '$LANGUAGE' 3 ? browser_gotofolder 'Y:\PLAYLISTS\DISCO DUAL.m3u' & browser_window 'folders' & browser_enter & playlist_load & switch_sidelist_playlist : browser_gotofolder 'Y:\PLAYLISTS\DISCO.m3u' & browser_window 'folders' & browser_enter & playlist_load & switch_sidelist_playlist : var_equal '$SESSION' 3 ? var_equal '$LANGUAGE' 1 ? browser_gotofolder 'Y:\PLAYLISTS\ROCK SPA.m3u' & browser_window 'folders' & browser_enter & playlist_load & switch_sidelist_playlist : var_equal '$LANGUAGE' 2 ? browser_gotofolder 'Y:\PLAYLISTS\ROCK ENG.m3u' & browser_window 'folders' & browser_enter & playlist_load & switch_sidelist_playlist : var_equal '$LANGUAGE' 3 ? browser_gotofolder 'Y:\PLAYLISTS\ROCK DUAL.m3u' & browser_window 'folders' & browser_enter & playlist_load & switch_sidelist_playlist : browser_gotofolder 'Y:\PLAYLISTS\ROCK.m3u' & browser_window 'folders' & browser_enter & playlist_load & switch_sidelist_playlist : var_equal '$SESSION' 4 ? var_equal '$LANGUAGE' 1 ? browser_gotofolder 'Y:\PLAYLISTS\JAZZ SPA.m3u' & browser_window 'folders' & browser_enter & playlist_load & switch_sidelist_playlist : var_equal '$LANGUAGE' 2 ? browser_gotofolder 'Y:\PLAYLISTS\JAZZ ENG.m3u' & browser_window 'folders' & browser_enter & playlist_load & switch_sidelist_playlist : var_equal '$LANGUAGE' 3 ? browser_gotofolder 'Y:\PLAYLISTS\JAZZ DUAL.m3u' & browser_window 'folders' & browser_enter & playlist_load & switch_sidelist_playlist : browser_gotofolder 'Y:\PLAYLISTS\JAZZ.m3u' & browser_window 'folders' & browser_enter & playlist_load & switch_sidelist_playlist : browser_gotofolder 'Y:\PLAYLISTS\VARIOUS.m3u' & browser_window 'folders' & browser_enter & playlist_load & switch_sidelist_playlist">

What this does for me is, that when I push the "load playlist" button, it will load a certain playlist to the sidelist, according to the "type of show" and "language" variables that I have set at the beginning. Hope this is of use to anyone.

Posted Sun 17 Jan 16 @ 10:01 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)