Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Tweaks For Windows 10 And VDJ 8.1 Pro Users

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Follow these instructions as strictly as possible.
NOTE* I do not work for Atomix! These instructions are the personal tweaks i did on my pc to get virtual dj to perform 100% with no issues! Use These instructions at your own risk!
I did everything on my new pc and i have 0 issues. I will provide links
for a lot of things you need to read and do before going on a gig.
1) The first thing to do is to install this program CCLEANER.
it will be your main tool in getting rid of everything you don't
need from windows 10. Start by fixing the start menu. Unpin everything
from there and make it smaller. I have left only the whether. Everything
else simply open CCLEANER and uninstall. Be careful! Don't uninstall any drivers
or stuff you are not aware of. Google something if you are not sure what it is.

2) Disable cortana and Remove the search bar and task view button from the taskbar.
You don't really need this stuff.

3) Fix your privacy settings by disabling everything! Here are a few links:
A. http://www.techradar.com/us/news/software/operating-systems/the-windows-10-privacy-settings-you-need-to-change-right-now-1301257
B. http://lifehacker.com/what-windows-10s-privacy-nightmare-settings-actually-1722267229

4) The driver verifier can give you BSODs all the time. What do do?
Here is a link:http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/101379-driver-verifier-enable-disable.html
Delete existing settings and totally disable it. Some drivers are not yet verified. Until they are try to disable this.

5) Disable automatic device driver updates by windows 10.
This is something you don't want windows 10 do. Update your drivers manually.
Here is a link of how to disable them:
https://windowsinstructed.com/disable-automatic-device-driver-download-in-windows-10/
6) Go to the control panel, system, device manager and manually check for updates for every driver.
Some drivers will need to be updated. While you are there go to the usb drivers, right click and select properties and at
the power management uncheck "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".
7) After all this is done. Reboot. Rebooting gives air to the pc to save your settings in case of a system crash.
8) Do a Disk clean-Up. Open my computer, right click on the (c) hard drive, select properties and at the general tab
press Disk Clean-up. From there select clean up system files and select all and hit ok.
9) Put your pc in a max performance plan. Do that by right clicking on your battery and selecting power options.
Select max performance and then go to change advance settings. There go to processor power management and put the minimum 25% and
maximum 85%. This way your computer will have the best performance without burning up. From there you can also fix up
whatever else setting you wish to have.
10) The most important of all!!! Most likely your controllers driver will not be compatible with windows 10.
When you install your controllers driver right click on the .exe file and make it to be open with compatibility with windows 7!
Do this only if you are having issues with your controller!!!! Install Vdj 8.1, sign in and you are ready to go!

For any questions don't hesitate to message me.

Posted Mon 11 Jan 16 @ 12:52 am
Hi I'm using win 10 on a new Alienware Dell PC, and every time I try to mix a video my PC just restarts.
My mixer is Hercules rmx
Y hankssss

Posted Fri 19 Feb 16 @ 12:58 am
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
..and so the DJ optimization of Win 10 begins.
It does need to be DJ friendly, and maintain our privacy (if possible).
Long ago I had my Vista laptop optimized to the n'th degree.

Well done for getting the ball rolling !

Posted Fri 19 Feb 16 @ 1:05 am

Posted Mon 22 Feb 16 @ 2:53 am
bigron1 wrote :
..and so the DJ optimization of Win 10 begins.
It does need to be DJ friendly, and maintain our privacy (if possible).
Long ago I had my Vista laptop optimized to the n'th degree.

Well done for getting the ball rolling !

As in every new windows OS but on windows 10 its ten times more than in vista or windows 7!

Posted Mon 22 Feb 16 @ 2:53 am

Posted Sat 02 Jul 16 @ 5:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)