Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How to assign a knob, to control the filter on opposite deck? Please Help!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Does anybody know a script I can use to map the filter from, say, deck A to control the filter for deck B and vise versa. I have a Reloop Contour, and when you select a deck on the controller, it changes the midi channel that the midi is sent thru, therefore making all controls function for up to 4 Decks. I've tried everything I can think trying to script this out, to no avail. I just believe it is not intuitive to have a filter from the same deck you have to switch to, seeing as you most likely wouldn't want to filter out the song coming in ( depending on what you are trying to achieve) Most likely, it's used to help balance frequencies and drop out the low or highs when transitioning out of a track. If anyone knows how to achieve this, please help a fellow dj out...This has somehow been the one scripting problem I have struggled with for almost 6 monthes, being stubborn and not asking for help, but I know that you guys are super knowledgeable and generous when it comes to the VDJ community forums, and I'm finally checking my pride at the door on this one and asking, "SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!! I am going balder by the minute pulling my hair out." Thanks in advance to anyone that can help, it is greatly appreciated!!!

Posted Sun 10 Jan 16 @ 3:04 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
you can use the action .. action_deck x, so something like this may work..
action_deck 1 ? deck 2 filter : deck 1 filter
the script above will work fine for 2 decks.

Posted Mon 11 Jan 16 @ 7:11 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)