Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Remove File Operations from skin?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is there a way to prohibit the use of "File Operations","Open in EXPLORER" from the VDJ browser? I have a locked down PC that I'd like to stay locked down. However, users can execute exe files from popup windows browser.

Posted Sat 09 Jan 16 @ 7:58 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I am afraid you cant. The right-click menu is hardcoded.

Posted Sun 10 Jan 16 @ 1:32 am
I don't know how you did the lock down but you should really go a different path to get security like this...
There are dedicated programs out there that you can define a "whitelist" of what can be executed on a PC and they will prevent anything else.
It's been a long time since I did that back on 2008 (for another job) but Faronics anti-executable was a good solution back then.
Today I use Group Policy and Local Policy on my machines to achieve the same result on a network of 40 terminals, but I don't think it worth the trouble to learn how to apply policies for a single PC (even for 2 or 3 of them especially if they are not part of a domain)

Posted Tue 12 Jan 16 @ 7:36 am
Phantom. Yes, group policy is the way to go. Unfortunately, windows doesn't have group policy option in Windows 10 home. I did the "free" upgrade to only find out it's really a down grade. I only upgraded for better touch screen support (Or so I thought).

I wound up locking it down by shutting down explorer.exe on startup and other various things in regedit so that only VJ is active. I might have to revert back to windows 7, but was looking into options before I do. Thank you

Posted Mon 18 Jan 16 @ 6:17 pm

Posted Mon 18 Jan 16 @ 8:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)