Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Really Virtual DJ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mcs1234PRO InfinityMember since 2010
So the thread showed up recently about the major bug to Version 7 in which the software won't write 2016 dates to the FirstSeen, FirstPlay and LastPlay fields in the XML file.
A commentor in the thread submitted a ticket, and posted the reply to his ticket this morning. It follows..

"Hi,
welcome to Atomix Virtualdj customer support.
it will be my duty to bring his report an our programming team.
The state that the version 7 is out of development for which we can not guarantee no update.
Just simply use the version 8

Best regards,
Atomix Customer Support"

{End of quote}

This is totally unacceptable! I tried Version 8 when it was released, AND IT CRASHED. I've stayed on V7 with a customized skin and figured I'd wait until V8 developed the same reputation for stability as V7.
For Virtual DJ to refuse to perform what appears to be a simple fix to a critical issue is beyond unprofessional. If that is the posture they stick to, I will be leaving the product entirely and recommending that my peers do the same.
I imagine that the Forum for "Virtual DJ Technical Support Version 7" will also be removed entirely. I mean really, what would be the point?
I await a rational response from a VDJ lead person.

Posted Mon 04 Jan 16 @ 1:02 pm
mcs1234 wrote :
I tried Version 8 when it was released, AND IT CRASHED

Well you should try it again. Since the early days, many things have changed.

Did you report the crash? Quite possibly your particular issue was fixed very soon afterwards. How would you know if you haven't tried it since?

You claim that it's unprofessional to not fix VDJ 7 - but as they stated, VDJ 7 is not the current version.

It's not unusual for old versions of software to become unsupported. Even Microsoft work the same way.

Posted Mon 04 Jan 16 @ 7:24 pm
Yes, Microsoft eventually stops supporting systems they don't support anymore (in terms of new updates and enhancements). Completely understandable.
But they wouldn't allow a "Y216" software flaw to remain out in production, making the system practically unusable to many users (who PAID for it). Especially also when it would probably take about 10 seconds to change the code and recompile it.
This is what makes VDJ's stance very unprofessional in this instance.

Posted Mon 04 Jan 16 @ 7:33 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
If you hadn't opened another thread to the original posting concerning this problem you would have seen a positive reply to your concerns.

Mind, I think there are three out there now, lol.

Posted Mon 04 Jan 16 @ 8:53 pm
I don't see another thread on the topic, but would love to see a positive answer.
Can you tell me where it is?

Posted Mon 04 Jan 16 @ 9:11 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Posted Mon 04 Jan 16 @ 10:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)