Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: URGENT - Denon MC3000 Output/Driver Issue

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all! I just got a call this evening about a New Year's Eve party tomorrow to fill in for a DJ who just canceled and I'd like to help the place out. To make a long story short, my regular equipment is being used on another gig, so I'm basically down to an MC3000 and backup speakers, which is fine since this is a small place and big sound isn't needed. I do have another option, but the MC3000 would be exponentially easier on me since I'd be setting up by myself. So here goes....

The MC3000 was just something I had to screw around with at home and I never configured it to use for "actual" mixing. I set up all the equipment right after receiving the call about the last minute gig and ran into an issue with the ASIO driver in Virtual DJ 7. (I'm using a Dell laptop with Windows XP, service pack 3). The driver shown on Denon's website would not install, but I found another one that does. (Trying to find that link after posting this).

In VDJ sound settings, the ASIO selection does not show "MC3000", but it does show "DENON DJ ASIO Driver" (which doesn't seem right). When I select the "DENON DJ ASIO Driver" in the drop-down, I get an error message that says "Error in the ASIO driver: Your soundcard is probably not connected....".

However, if I switch to 4.1 Soundcard, then that does have "MC3000" in the drop-down menu. I get audio from this, but it's not split correctly--I can only get EITHER Line 1 or Line 2 to work, and the one that doesn't actually controls the headphone volume! The ONLY way to get both channels when I select "Deck 1: Front Output / Deck 2: Center Output". Unfortunately, the volume on Line 1 is 95% louder than Line 2, so I have to keep the fader way over to the right and just use the volume silders. The headphone does not work at all.

I searched around online and saw a few threads where the same issue was being discussed, but that was pretty much with Traktor. Any info about VDJ seems to be a few years old. (I understand the MC3000 isn't a current model). Still, the info regarding Traktor indicates that the outputs are labeled wrong, though it didn't exactly help with a solution. VDJ doesn't give me the option to change around the output routing.

So that's where I'm stuck at. Can anyone help me with this?

Posted Thu 31 Dec 15 @ 5:56 am
Sorry, I found the solution. It didn't hit me at first when configuring the sound. In case anyone else runs into this issue, under CONFIG, go to SOUND SETTINGS and then OUTPUTS. Originally I had it on "External Mixer", but that just needed to be changed to ""Headphones". This put the audio outputs to Line 1/2 and the Headphones to 3/4. Works like a charm now.

Thanks anyway!

Posted Thu 31 Dec 15 @ 6:28 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)