Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Mapping a knob to increase/decrease by 3%

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

kekarinHome userMember since 2013
Hello all,

I've been searching around and I did not find anythig, so I decided to ask in the forum... I dont thinl I'm the only one facing the issue.

I would like to map the "efect slider 1" and "effect slider 2" in my MIDI knobs.
when I do it, the knob just moves from 0 to 50% and then to 100% and the otherway around, but I would actually like is just stepping +-3%

All works fine when I set the increase in one knob and the decrease in a different one by using "Efect Slider 1 +3%" and the other one "efect slider 1 -3%", but is quite complicated to manage it in a proper way while mixing.

Can any one help me on this? I think is quite simple and I did not find the way or the correct section in this forum.
Thanks a lot in advance.

Posted Sun 20 Dec 15 @ 8:12 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
kekarin wrote :
... in my MIDI knobs.

You have to provide more info about those and explain further.

Posted Mon 21 Dec 15 @ 4:28 pm
First, thanks for your feedback.

I will try to explain more in detail.

I have an AKAI LPD8 (Laptop pad controller) which has 8 buttons and 8 knobs. What I would like to achive is to map the gain for example in one of these knobs.

So far what I have done is mapping it using the action="gain", but this just switch 0, 50 and 100% position. I was expecting an incremental/deremental of 3% for example.

With that base I would like to do the same with the effect slider 1 and effect slider 2, which also switches just the positions 0-50-100. I would like to make it more progressive, but I did not find the way sing the controller mapping :(

If you need any additional information, do not hesistate please, I would like to have this sorted out :)

Much appeciated.

Posted Mon 21 Dec 15 @ 5:30 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Mon 21 Dec 15 @ 5:44 pm
ok, I understand.

The thing is that when I map "gain +3%" it works, but just one way (increase) not decrease. So I was expecting something like "gain +-33%" but on a proper macro way.

Posted Mon 21 Dec 15 @ 7:15 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
are they jogs or dials?

Posted Wed 23 Dec 15 @ 4:15 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)