Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: New firmware and drivers for DDJ-SX2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

PuttePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Mon 14 Dec 15 @ 9:27 am
What Gain problem ?

The new firmware fixes a known bug with volume sliders which however did not affect VirtualDj because we used a work-around to bypass it.
In the next update of the software a new mapper will be included for SX2 that will require the latest firmware in order to operate the unit trouble-free.

Posted Tue 15 Dec 15 @ 11:38 pm
PuttePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Wed 16 Dec 15 @ 6:23 am
The issue described there has been resolved a lot time ago.
Please try to use the official mapper :)

Posted Wed 16 Dec 15 @ 7:11 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
a new mapper will be included for SX2 that will require the latest firmware

OK so basically SX2 users will have to upgrade their firmware to use it with VDJ 8 when this update happens?

When the next update arrives, what exactly would happen if/when people try to use it without updating their SX2 firmware?

I can foresee lots of people who may be unaware of what you've just posted, or of a firmware update, posting here asking why their SX2 suddenly started doing strange things!

Posted Wed 16 Dec 15 @ 6:43 pm
I have just asked George this by PM.

Last time a change was made it mucked up my custom mapper and Babis kindly sorted it for me.

Posted Wed 16 Dec 15 @ 6:54 pm
I just updated my firmware, but now I'm wondering whether I should have done it yet. How will it affect use with VDJ 8 now (before the mapper update)?

Posted Wed 16 Dec 15 @ 7:00 pm
Seems to be working OK, I had a quick test after the update and everything seemed fine.

I do get a bit jittery when things like this happen, I'm kinda scared to turn up at my gigs with the SX2 in case something else has changed between the definition and mapping. I'm sure this is Pioneer's fault though...... If it wasn't for visiting the forum how are we supposed to know these changes are happening?

Think I'm about done with VDJ anyway. Surely there must be software out there that just works and gives me a warmer feeling?

Posted Wed 16 Dec 15 @ 7:10 pm
On current official mapper there's a hack that's no longer necessary if you use the new firmware.
There's no performance degrade, but since the hack is no longer required it will be removed from the official mapper to tide it up!

Thanks!

Posted Wed 16 Dec 15 @ 8:18 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Could you please tell us in what build and mapper number this new mapper is in?

Posted Sat 19 Dec 15 @ 2:00 pm
We've decided to upload the new mapper after the holidays.
That is to give more time to our users to update their devices with the new firmware and to avoid having users that didn't update on time experience erratic behavior of their volume faders during their holiday gigs.
We have tested the new firmware thoroughly with both old & new mapper, and we can verify that the old mapper does not produce any issues or any performance loss with the new firmware.
Therefore you can update your firmware safely at any time you like.

There are no fixed days for the new mapper update but it will be after Jan, 10, 2016.

Thank you!

Posted Sat 19 Dec 15 @ 3:34 pm
FotobroPRO InfinityMember since 2018
PhantomDeejay wrote :
We've decided to upload the new mapper after the holidays.
That is to give more time to our users to update their devices with the new firmware and to avoid having users that didn't update on time experience erratic behavior of their volume faders during their holiday gigs.
We have tested the new firmware thoroughly with both old & new mapper, and we can verify that the old mapper does not produce any issues or any performance loss with the new firmware.
Therefore you can update your firmware safely at any time you like.

There are no fixed days for the new mapper update but it will be after Jan, 10, 2016.

Thank you!

PDJ, where can I find this mapper?

Posted Wed 20 Jul 16 @ 11:59 am
DDJ-SX2 is now native and the latest mapper is in the latest version of VDJ. No external files needed,

Posted Wed 20 Jul 16 @ 1:19 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)