Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark DJ IO on eee pc with VDJ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have been a dj well over 35 years and the last several using the wonderful VD with a good lap top and midi controller....always works wonderfully.

for a spell I have been playing with a 1005hab Eee PC with 2 gig ram upgrade for a mp3 player in the car and places I do not want to set up the full system I use,
It works well for what I am doing and have read some cats use this little comp for gigs and have seen mention of using the numark dj io so one can have headphones etc,

I happened to have a dj io laying around and tried to use it, works fine with both my full lap tops and desk tops but will not work on this eee pc,
I installed the drivers and followed the setting recommendations but the VDJ beat bar slows to a crawl and no sound comes out the powered speakers.

I am guessing that this little comp just cant handle both vdj and the dj io but since I have seen several people on forums state they do use the dj io with eee pc I wanted to post here just in case this is a user or setting fault and this set up can be made to work....

many thanks,
Cheers,
Bats.

Posted Tue 08 Dec 15 @ 5:43 pm
What OS is the eee running? What version of VDJ are you using (7 or 8)?

Ideally you need to make sure that the skin you're using is the same resolution as the eee display. VDJ 7 dislikes running skins that are the wrong resolution, and default VDJ 8 skins are all 1920x1080 which is too high for a little ol' eee PC.

If it's VDJ 8 you can also try lowering the skin redraw FPS.

Posted Tue 08 Dec 15 @ 5:51 pm
Skin resizing doesn't have any real impact on CPU with VirtualDj 8.
Generally I wouldn't think the issue is graphic related.
So I need to ask. Which IO on which OS ?
The old one or the new one ?
What OS is the eeepc running? One that I had come across a long time ago had Windows XP.
Is yours using XP as well?
You said you installed the drivers. Could you point me on which drivers you installed?

Posted Tue 08 Dec 15 @ 8:06 pm
thanks for jumping right on this....

I do not know it all but do know to run the correct skin res to match the comp... :-)

the dj io is the original version dated 2009 on it, I used numarks driver for it, the eee pc is running win 7 pro and the vdj version is 7,

Posted Tue 08 Dec 15 @ 8:20 pm
64 bit or 32 for the OS ?

Posted Wed 09 Dec 15 @ 11:20 am
oops...32 bit,
Do you even believe it possible to run this set up?

Posted Wed 09 Dec 15 @ 7:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)