Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Endless Encoder Knob Mapping (Key Change)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Corbow6Home userMember since 2015
Hey all, I'm not entirely sure the syntax used if I'm trying to map key changes to an endless knob. I would like to be able to cycle up and down through individual Key changes, but thus far I've only been able to achieve this in one direction, or more as an on/off style switch. I feel like a Param command isn't correct for changing the keys, but at this point I'm stumped. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Posted Tue 08 Dec 15 @ 4:56 am
Try param_smaller 0 ? Key -1 : key +1
However just typing "key" should also work since the value of the encoder is passed as an implicit parameter

Posted Tue 08 Dec 15 @ 8:12 pm
Corbow6 wrote :
Hey all, I'm not entirely sure the syntax used if I'm trying to map key changes to an endless knob. I would like to be able to cycle up and down through individual Key changes, but thus far I've only been able to achieve this in one direction, or more as an on/off style switch. I feel like a Param command isn't correct for changing the keys, but at this point I'm stumped. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Updated: Okay, stumbled around and figured out this script:

param_greater 0 ? key_move +0.5 : key_move -0.5

now I'm stuck trying to add shift modifiers to allow control of the effects with more complex instructions, and I'm a bit stuck with order of operations I think.

I tried,

var "shift" ? effect 2 select : param_greater 0 ? key_move +0.5 : key_move -0.5

It didn't work for the key_move at this point.

Posted Tue 08 Dec 15 @ 8:16 pm
Tell us what you want to do. Then we can answer and analyse the script so that you start learning.

Posted Tue 08 Dec 15 @ 8:18 pm
Post updated.

Posted Tue 08 Dec 15 @ 8:22 pm
Corbow6Home userMember since 2015
Hey, OP here. Lvx is just my buddy who was posting our problem from his setup.

Posted Tue 08 Dec 15 @ 10:19 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)