Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Its frustrating setup on vdj 8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Raymi5PRO InfinityMember since 2011
I have bother withchanging over from vdj 7 to 8 .. im using cdj350 with macbook pro and I cant get the settings right for a start im trying to get deck 1 assign to my left but thats not happening ,in vdj 7 you use to press the eject button to get that sorted but cant do that in setting im using output audio, card two sundcard and then no input .... had this working for first time last week but then back to it today its not working correctly.... when I press play on left deck the sound on left deck ch 2 plays and when I play on right deck ch 1 it also plays on left channel !!! this is my setting on audio ..
source sound card channel
deck 1 pioneer cdj 350 left tick chann 1&2
deck 2 pioneer cdj 350 right tick chann 1&2

Posted Mon 07 Dec 15 @ 8:19 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Probably your Mac only detects one sound card instead of 2 ?
Can you post a couple of screenshots...
1. VirtualDJ Audio tab of Settings.
2. Mac Audio Midi Setup (from applications-->Utilities)

BTW, the EJECT button (if held for more than 2 secs) should still invert your decks, but this is mostly for controlling decks, now swapping sound channels and probably not related to your issue.

Posted Mon 07 Dec 15 @ 11:28 pm
Thanks for the reponse here is my settings as requested djdad

Posted Tue 08 Dec 15 @ 12:41 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Note that since both cdj's probably have the same name, it may be difficult to see which one is selected for which deck.
Open the drop down, and make sure that for deck 1 the first cdj in the list is selected, and for deck 2 the second cdj. (or reverse it if left and right are reversed)

Posted Tue 08 Dec 15 @ 1:11 pm
Thanks for the advice just change the source - pionner cdj 350 over ... Im taking it that the rest of settings ok and also do I need to save that settings before closing the app ?

Posted Tue 08 Dec 15 @ 3:53 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Settings look OK and will be automatically saved across sessions if you just hit APPLY after the change Adion mentioned.

Posted Tue 08 Dec 15 @ 4:18 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)