Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual DJ Pro (v7.42) just stopped working on my laptop after 11 months

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm running Windows v7

When I click on the link I get the waiting icon, forever...

I can see from Task Manager that 3x instances of the virtual dj executable are loaded. Why 3? I only started it once, after a reboot.

Rebooting doesn't help.
Updating Windows doesn't help.

It was working fine yesterday.

Posted Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 7:02 pm
Try using System Restore to go back to your last saved point. That usually works.

Posted Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 10:36 pm
I have a similar problem. Vj 7 won't start if connected to the Internet. And if I try it while connected. I have to restart and Uninstall and reinstall without saving setting. Restore worked on my desktop but don't have restore turned on , on my laptop. Only common denominator between both computers was a flash drive. And it's not a virus. Scared the crap out of both. I think it is some kind of registry thing it only affects Vj. Going to try registry reset tool here next I'll update my findings.

Posted Mon 14 Dec 15 @ 2:17 am
KastaarPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Same problem here. Laptop is a 2012 HP Pavilion g series with I5, 6 G RAM, Win 7 home 32 bit. Has always worked flawlessly, but now VDJ 7.4.6 stopped working, got the 3 instances in task manager and the "vicious circle" keeps on spinning. Laptop is not mine (I'm a registered user and laptop owner too), and unfortunately no restore points available. VDJ8 works, but the owner of the laptop prefers VDJ7. Tried "geek" uninstalling, "click and fix" tools, but nothing seems to work. anybody any other idea ? thanks in advance.

Posted Mon 14 Dec 15 @ 8:29 pm
I too am using windows 7 with virtual dj pro 7.42 full version installed since 2011 worked fine until today. The only thing I did was windows 7 prompted an updated yesterday. I also have it installed on a duplicate laptop windows 7 and virtual dj 7.42 and its working ok. Not sure if that one has updated yet. What do I need to do to get it working again on 1st laptop?

Posted Mon 21 Dec 15 @ 6:15 am
cuteepie64 wrote :
I too am using windows 7 with virtual dj pro 7.42 full version installed since 2011 worked fine until today. The only thing I did was windows 7 prompted an updated yesterday. I also have it installed on a duplicate laptop windows 7 and virtual dj 7.42 and its working ok. Not sure if that one has updated yet. What do I need to do to get it working again on 1st laptop?

update I tried using system reset as someone suggested and picking a date about 10 days earlier and reset the system virtual dj works just fine. It must have been caused by a windows update.

Posted Mon 21 Dec 15 @ 3:05 pm
djezgeePRO InfinityMember since 2008
I'm having the same problem did anybody find out what caused it

Posted Fri 25 Dec 15 @ 6:30 pm
It's a registry problem in windows as far as i can tell but the reset tool doesn't fix it. On my laptop it was a also affecting my clock and start button in win 10. i just updated to latest build and everything is ok. Also if you have restore turned on . Restoring to t previous point should fix it. that worked on house computer running win 8.1.

Posted Tue 29 Dec 15 @ 7:24 pm
Update: Computer was working fine and it happened again. So other dj restored to an older date and got it working. When i went in I was going over the computer making sure all stuff was upto date and after i installled all the Windows updates Vj stoped working again.

Posted Fri 22 Jan 16 @ 5:52 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)