Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: DN-MC6000MK2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

TVD UKPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Just got a DN-MC6000MK2 and maybe it should work like this with version 8/8.1 but i cant seem to get any vu meters for the gains on the actual decks ( master ok) and also volume sliders do not affect those on VDJ nor do the gains etc. Load works fine so to play and crossfader is this normal? How can you visually see the deck gains vu like you could with mk1?

Should gains move on vdj if i move on controller?

I also map pfl to the CUE (one above deck level faders) button on mc 6000 but nothing?
Not sure i,m liking this

Posted Tue 01 Dec 15 @ 9:09 am
OK So it is using the two middle channels on the controller, i always use the two outside channels on the mk1 so now to figure out changing that

Posted Tue 01 Dec 15 @ 9:36 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
There is a much easier way, since the MC6000MKII has pre-defined mixer order.

Use the Default 4 Decks skin.
Right above the Crossfader on the skin, click on the "Mixer Options" button.
Choose the Mixer order 1-3-4-2
You re done ;)

Posted Tue 01 Dec 15 @ 10:04 pm
Will that mean using the 4 deck skin, or will it be remembered in another skin?

I have another issue.
I,m used to the MC6000 mk1 using as EXT
With that vdj gain vu meter used to go fully up just before clipping with my gains at 10 o'clock, high,mid,low at 12 o'clock (on controller) giving vu meters on controller about 0db
But with MC6000 Mk2 i find that with those settings my controller vu just goes right into clipping.
Is that normal or do i need to set differently for INT mix

have now set auto gain in settings to no (was auto on MK1)

Posted Tue 01 Dec 15 @ 11:15 pm
The mixer order is remembered so if you use any other skin after the change, it will use that value too.
Alternatively, you can define the mixer order in the ONINIT Key of your MC6k mapping.
Key: ONINIT
action : mixer_order 1342
and make sure that the mixer order will be set as defined, each time you connect your controller.

It is strongly suggested to have AutoGain to Auto
This will secure that all of your tracks will be loaded at the zeroDB value while the GAIN is at 12 o' clock.
By default this is set to 0db, but if you find that you need a little more "headroom" change the setting zeroDB to -3 or -6db

BTW, How do you tell that a track is clipping ?.
Dont trust the VU meters too much. The values written on the silkscreen of the unit may not match the real output values, as those are MIDI Leds mapped to some % in the mapping file.
The best way to see if a track is clipping is to place your mouse over the LIMITER Led of the default skin.

Posted Tue 01 Dec 15 @ 11:32 pm
With it set to auto i find the VU meters on my controller hitting the red using mc6000 mk2 , so are you saying ignore those as they are not a true indication, basically if set to auto it wont be clipping regardless of controller indications?

On mk1 i have it set to auto but with EXT mix ( not available on mlk2) and have my gains at 10 oclock on mixer, 12 o clock on vdj

Basically with mk1 i set my controller master so controller vu hits around 0db, i then set gains approx 10 o clock to give 0db on those, then have vdj set to auto is that the correct way?
Struggling with mk2 controller though

Posted Tue 01 Dec 15 @ 11:58 pm
Really don't like the MK2 having to turn hi, mid and low down with vdj vu meters at about 50%.. So Main gain (master) 12 o'clock, mid, high, low at about 10 oclock and channell gains at 12 oclock
If any uk dealers have old MK1 in stock i,ll buy them.

Posted Wed 02 Dec 15 @ 10:13 am
Forget about the way the MKI was working. The MK2 works differently, it doesnt offer an External mixer setup so you will have to follow instructions as told above.
To recap..
AutoGain->auto
zeroDB ->Choose -3db or -6db in case the Default 0db "clips"
Have Gains at 12 o clock.
Use the Gains only to make minor adjustments in case a song is "quiet" or "loud" at some point.

Additionally, if you dont want the "soft-takeover" effect (read more here ), you can disable that with the setting.. controllerTakeovermode -->Instant

Posted Wed 02 Dec 15 @ 1:34 pm
OK
Re zeroDB ->Choose -3db or -6db in case the Default 0db "clips"

The software is fine but my mixer VU clips so i should ignore what the mixer says?

Posted Wed 02 Dec 15 @ 1:40 pm
If the Limiter stays at 0%, then Yes ignore the VU meters Leds on the MKII

Posted Wed 02 Dec 15 @ 1:48 pm
Yes it does, ok so i,ll just have to get used to seeing my mixer in the red.
Shame Denon went that way as i prefer the layout on the MK2 but prefer the old skool mixer workings. About has high as mine go on VDJ with gains at 12, mid,high and low at 12 too

Posted Wed 02 Dec 15 @ 1:52 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)