Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: no sound when listening online

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi, im using ddj ergo & vdj7 & lenovo y50 laptop laptop is connected to ergo unit with usb cable. no problems mixing music etc but when i switch over to have a listen to music online i get no sound. i used to have no issues with this at all. when i switched over to listen to music online i simply switched ddj ergo off & back on & in came the sound from music online, now theres nothing ive tried everything i can think of but getting nowhere. i did upgrade my pc to windows 10 and reckon this could be the cause. appreciate any advice. thanks

Posted Sun 29 Nov 15 @ 8:37 pm
What do you you mean by "switch over to listen to music online"?

What are you switching? Where is this "music online" from?

Please give a bit more detail.

Posted Sun 29 Nov 15 @ 9:09 pm
what i mean is i could be mixing music using vdj & ddj ergo with no problems then if i go online to listen to music on mixcloud or youtube for instance and i have my pc connected to ddj ergo & vdj opened so as to relay the sound through to my speakers i dont get any sound.

Posted Sun 29 Nov 15 @ 9:29 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Set the option "exclusiveAudioAccess" to "no".

Oops, scratch that... that option isn't available in V7.

I think it is not possible to listen to online music while V7 is open.
That is because VDJ will use the sounddrive exclusively. So other applications are not able to use the soundcard.

Posted Mon 30 Nov 15 @ 10:46 am
i used to be able to listen to music online through vdj and ergo connected but not now

Posted Tue 01 Dec 15 @ 7:41 pm
It's not really clear exactly what you're doing. How have you configured the audio setup in VDJ to route sound from Mixcloud/YouTube through VDJ and the Ergo?

Presumably you're using the Ergo audio interface (your speakers are connected to the output of the Ergo)?

You say that you used to turn the Ergo off and on again. If you were routing your audio from VDJ through the Ergo then this would effectively "pull the plug" on VDJ and cut off its access to the Ergo - so chances are that VDJ would default back to your built in sound. In order to hear anything, you'd need speakers connected to that sound card instead.

Posted Tue 01 Dec 15 @ 8:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)