Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: DJ2GO mapping query

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi guys - I hope this is a real simple one. I've spent 4 hours trying to solve it, with no joy.

I have a DJ2GO controller which has until recently been by 'just in case' standby unit. I'm trialing VDJ8 at home, and have a REAL niggly issue with the jog wheel. It's scratching in both play & pause mode.
What I need is scratch in pause mode, pitch bend in play mode.
I just can't get it to perform that... it does it fine in VDJ7!! Can anyone please advise how to do it?
The default is audio_scratch = jog wheel.

The mapper seems to be in permanent key learn mode, so trials I do & keystrokes are all being recorded.
Sorry to sound thick, unfortunately I'm just a DJ & not a programmer. A lot of the instructions & notes might as well be written in Japanese.

Build 2522.1079
Rusty 3.1 skin
Win7

Thanks guys

Posted Sat 28 Nov 15 @ 6:46 pm
UPDATE : Found it!!!

For anyone else with a similar issue, in options & Tweaks\Audio\vinylMode was set to yes.

I knew thaw minutes after posting the question I'd find the answer myself!

Posted Sat 28 Nov 15 @ 7:03 pm
nsackley wrote :
UPDATE : Found it!!!

For anyone else with a similar issue, in options & Tweaks\Audio\vinylMode was set to yes.

I knew thaw minutes after posting the question I'd find the answer myself!

Sorry - further update: This hasn't worked.

The jog wheel doesn't pitch bend now.

Also - is there a setting for increasing the speed (sensitivity??) of the scratch in pause mode?

cheers

Posted Sat 28 Nov 15 @ 7:10 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
try to map the JOG as .. touchwheel

Posted Sun 29 Nov 15 @ 3:12 am
djdad wrote :
try to map the JOG as .. touchwheel

Thank you - it seems to be working ok now after a restart :) I have another query too which I'll post as another thread to save confusion.

Neil

Posted Tue 01 Dec 15 @ 12:18 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)