Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DDJ SX Master Volume, Booth Volume and the Headphones Mix knobs with VDJ 8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi there
I realized that the DDJ SX Master Volume, Booth Volume and Headphones Mix knobs do not work with VDJ 8. After research I found out that these knobs are hardware controlled and they don't send MIDI messages, thus they can not be mapped in VDJ 8. Does it mean there is no way at all to use them while playing VDJ 8 (or 8.1 now), or they could be used by changing parameters or configuration anywhere in the hard-or software ? If not, how come that the DDJ SX could manage this with Serato DJ ?

Posted Fri 27 Nov 15 @ 10:31 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If any knobs/buttons dont send MIDI messages, this doesnt mean that they dont "work". In both mentioned software, those knobs do exactly the same, they alter the sound of Master/Booth/Headphones outputs and in both cases, you dont see those moving on the screen.
Of course, they cannot be assigned to control anything else other their hardware functionality.

Posted Fri 27 Nov 15 @ 11:43 am
Well, understood that they do not control the software and it is not visible on the screen. My issue is that they do not affect the ouput at all; Master volume does not change anything and headphones mix only increase or decrease the volume in the headphones but does not mix the master and the cue like I can do it with my old Hercules RMX for instance. Is it a hardware issue then ?

Posted Fri 27 Nov 15 @ 2:51 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I can assure you that the SX volume sliders do work as they should.
For the headphone mix, you have to press the master cue button first.

If the master and booth knobs do not change the volume at all it could be hardware issue.

Posted Fri 27 Nov 15 @ 3:55 pm

Posted Fri 27 Nov 15 @ 8:27 pm
Ok, thanks, I got it partly. I was using the following configuration :

Master - Bluetooth - Chan 1&2
Headphone - DDJ SX - Chan 3&4

in this case the master output went directly from the software/laptop to the amplifier, not using the DDJ SX soundcard. As these knobs are hardware functionalities I assume they only can alter what comes from the hardware soundcard. So I have changed to the following config (with a cable connection to PA system from channels 1 & 2) :

Master - DDJ SX - Chan 1&2
Headphone - DDJ SX - Chan 3&4

and now the two volume knobs alter the sound as described. I still have an issue with the headphones mix knob. First of all, I get in my headphone the sound out of the master even without pressing the master cue button or any other cue button. In this case, if I turn the headphones mix knob on the left nothing happens; if I turn it to the right, it fades it away. When I press the master cue button, it sounds like the volume of master sound in my headphone depends on the actual master output. Rest (sound from other cue) works fine.

Have I missed again any parameters/configuration setting to make it work properly ?

Posted Mon 30 Nov 15 @ 4:39 pm

Posted Mon 30 Nov 15 @ 5:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)