Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VirtualDJ 8 Remote

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Equipment:

HP EliteBook with Win7
Gemini CNTRL-7
LG Optimus L90 with Android 4.4.2
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (brand new) Android 4.4.2

The file function on the remote with my smart phone (LG) works perfectly, with the exception of viewing tracks on a side list when added from the laptop.
The file function on the remote with my Samsung Galaxy Tablet causes the VirtualDJ remote app to close unexpectedly and I have to reopen. Most other functions seem to work well, though I am still testing all.

Can anyone help with the file issue?

Thanks

Posted Sun 22 Nov 15 @ 3:17 pm
Well, just after I posted the above, I get the auto notice to upgrade to 8.1, which I have done. Still same issue occurring, but maybe should have this thread moved to the 8.1 forum. Sorry.

Posted Sun 22 Nov 15 @ 3:23 pm
my remote stopped working a month ago.

I am fast getting sick of my Hercules controller locking up, and this remote app not working.

This crap should've been fixed.

Posted Fri 27 Nov 15 @ 10:49 pm
roadstar06 wrote :
should've been fixed.

Did you post in the relevant forum(s), about any issues you've been having, going into detail about the kit you're using and the things that are / aren't happening?

Posted Fri 27 Nov 15 @ 11:01 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It's working fine on my Tab 4 here. Could you provide more information?

Posted Sat 28 Nov 15 @ 5:00 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I've been trying to troubleshoot an issue with remote connecting. It appears the remote is grabbing my cellular network instead of the wifi network I am on.
I have to switch to airplane mode and turn the wifi on to change the network in the app. After that I have to add the IP directly in VDJ. My iPad running iOS 9.2 detects the correct network, but I still have to enter the ip. I use iTunes and it is up to the latest version, so I would think Bonjour is as well, if this is still being used.
Firewall has vdj allowed and used to work on this setup. Unfortunately, I have not used remote for several months, so I cannot determine what changed.
Any ideas where to start?

VDJ 8.1.2587, VDJRemote8.0.2500, iPhone 6+ IOS 9.2 (Same problem with 9.1)
EDIT: I found this thread via google, I didn't realize until after posting that this is the 8.0 forum. I'll create a new thread there.

Posted Thu 17 Dec 15 @ 6:18 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)