Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Controller won't work with Virtual DJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey VDJ

I payed about £90 to allow my USB decks to work with my Virtual DJ, then at a party in the very middle of my set, the VDJ closes down completely and tells me to pay to use my controller with VDJ. As you can imagine the crowd was not happy with this, and neither was I. Please can you resolve this for me asap because I have a set coming in December and do not want to learn how to use Traktor but I will if VDJ can't help me here.

Thanks in advance

Lee Dee

Posted Thu 19 Nov 15 @ 10:18 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
user10782864 wrote :
.. the VDJ closes down completely and tells me to pay to use my controller with VDJ. ...

Those are 2 different things. Could you please provide more details ?
Which one happened first ? Did you have Internet connection there ? If not, any chance you had logged out in the previous session ?
Did you get a warning message of not being able to validate your license ? Was that after VDJ shut down ?

Posted Thu 19 Nov 15 @ 11:10 pm
Hey, thanks for your prompt response.

The VDJ closes down first, followed by a message telling me I need to pay to use my controller. I had no internet at the venue at the time, and when i checked the settings, I was logged into my account although I had no internet. I didn't have a warning message of any sort (from what I remember).

Posted Fri 20 Nov 15 @ 9:49 pm
Feel free to check my account if you need to

Posted Sat 21 Nov 15 @ 9:27 am
FYI (as you mention playing to crowds in venues) a Controllerist license is only for home use.

Posted Sat 21 Nov 15 @ 10:21 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
user10782864 wrote :
The VDJ closes down first, followed by a message telling me ,....

If VDJ was closed, then how can it display a message ?
Unless by "closes down" you mean that there was no sound or/and control from the Mixtrack , but the software was still running in the background.

Can you reproduce this at home ? So while you are on the Internet and VDJ is running, close VirtualDJ, disconnect Internet and try to reproduce what happened in the club. If you manage to reproduce, please post screenshot of the message that you are receiving.

Posted Sat 21 Nov 15 @ 12:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)