Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-SR ASIO drivers not working with VDJ8 and Win10

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I think the title says it all...I get the "Error loading ASIO" message when I start VDJ8.

1.) I reported this error in Sep15 and was told that it was a Pioneer driver problem. I contacted Pioneer and was told that they were recertifying drivers and that mine would be finished in Oct15.
2.) Yesterday, I saw that Pioneer was reporting that the driver was certified and that I should download the latest one. This prompted me to send this message to Pioneer: "Your support document from below now indicates that the driver for the DDJ-SR ASIO is Win10 compatible and that I should download the latest driver version. However, the latest driver still shows to be v1.00"
3.) Today, I received the following from Pioneer support: "The engineers completed their test and found the driver is still compatible with Windows 10. You should not have any problems connecting the controller to a computer with Windows 10.
Serato released an update for Serato DJ, version 1.8. Try installing this, since it is included with your controller. If it works, you will know that Atomix needs to look at their software."

I work for an embedded tools company, so I know that 95% of the time these issues lie with whoever wrote the driver (which is almost always the hardware company, in this case Pioneer). But I also know that from a customer perspective, they don't really care whose fault it is, they just want it fixed and it's really frustrating when two companies start pointing fingers at one another. It would be nice if Pioneer and Atomix could put their heads together and figure out how to just make it work.

I've tried re-installing the driver and this doesn't seem to turn the trick.

Posted Tue 17 Nov 15 @ 4:24 pm
I found the problem, and it was my fault. When I bought my DDJ-SR, I went through the update process to update it from the v1.02 firmware that was on the controller to what was then (and still is) the latest firmware of v1.07. Apparently the update failed and I've been rolling with v1.02 all this time. After going back and double-checking everything this evening, I discovered that the firmware was still outdated; once I fixed this, the ASIO driver now works properly. Many apologies for the false alarm, and thanks for being a sympathetic listener!

Posted Wed 18 Nov 15 @ 1:37 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
when i first saw your post, i thought of posting that the SR works fine on windows 10 here, but then i though that my post wouldnt be much helpful to you :)
Glad to hear your issue is resolved.

Posted Wed 18 Nov 15 @ 4:42 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)