Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: denon dn mc6000 and vdj8 sampler volume

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

drjustPRO InfinityMember since 2006
IM looking for help to map the sampler volume levels on vdj8 to channel one and channel 4 on the denon dn mc 6000.

The problem ive been experiencing with the volume levels on the sampler in vdj 8 is after i set volume levels for one sampler bank....and then switch to another set of samples, the volume resets to the max volume for all the samples...then i have to go to each individual sample in the softwear to lower the volume.

I want to map the samples to faders 1 and 4 so i can manually control the volume with those faders

plz provide a step by step direction to accomplish this

Posted Thu 12 Nov 15 @ 4:31 pm
drjust wrote :
after i set volume levels for one sampler bank....and then switch to another set of samples, the volume resets to the max volume for all the samples

Many of us have repeatedly asked (nay, pleaded with) Atomix to change this behaviour. Unfortunately they seem determined to leave it that way. :-(

I'm not quite grasping why you need two channels to do this? You can assign the master sampler volume to a fader using sampler_volume_master.

Posted Thu 12 Nov 15 @ 6:29 pm
I'm not quite grasping why you need two channels to do this? You can assign the master sampler volume to a fader using sampler_volume_master.

ok...no problem...... I was only saying two faders cause it seemed to me like the sample banks were split.....but no matter.....I can use your suggestion and use one of the 4 channels on the mixer cause im only using two to play music.

I need directions on how to take the sampler audio master and apply it to one of the vertical faders... not sure how to do it

Posted Thu 12 Nov 15 @ 7:27 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Please go to Options - Controllers.
Select your Controller mapper in the top left box.
Click into the "Key Learn" Box at the bottom left corner of the window.
Now move your the level fader you want to use.
The name of the fader should now appear in the textbox right under the "Key Learn" box.
Select the name by clicking on it.

Now type this action into the action textbox at the right of "Key Learn" box.

sampler_volume_master

Close the Options window again and test it.

Posted Fri 13 Nov 15 @ 10:20 am
thanks ill try that

Posted Fri 13 Nov 15 @ 7:59 pm
ProfLeePRO InfinityMember since 2011
drjust wrote :
IM looking for help to map the sampler volume levels on vdj8 to channel one and channel 4 on the denon dn mc 6000.

The problem ive been experiencing with the volume levels on the sampler in vdj 8 is after i set volume levels for one sampler bank....and then switch to another set of samples, the volume resets to the max volume for all the samples...then i have to go to each individual sample in the softwear to lower the volume.

I want to map the samples to faders 1 and 4 so i can manually control the volume with those faders

plz provide a step by step direction to accomplish this

Check this out. I think that this is what you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3LiUu6GHi8

Posted Sat 14 Nov 15 @ 12:29 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)