Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: what icon in vdj 7 has to be moved to vdj 8 to have same taged :Tags,Cues,Datebase I'm confused !

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

is this folder from 7 version which has to be moved to vdj 8 ?VirtualDJ Database v6,history,playlist ..
is VirtualDJ Database v6 for tags cues etc...?
I just wanna know that I'm doing right thing !

Posted Thu 12 Nov 15 @ 9:49 am
Nothing needs moved. Just install V8 and it will do it automatically.

Posted Thu 12 Nov 15 @ 12:01 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
If you've installed and opened v8 somewhere in the past, but continued to work with v7 ever since, I would recommend to delete all 'database.xml' files in all of your VDJ folders.
Version 8 will convert your existing v7 databases into a new v8 database file.
But that only happens once if no v8 database could be found.

Posted Thu 12 Nov 15 @ 12:30 pm
thanks guys, sorted out i have moved from vdj 7 folder :playlist,history folder and datebase and settings and that's it ! if anyone need it this is what you do just copy from vdj 7 folder playlist,history folder and datebase and settings and that's it guys,now i got everything in vdj8 yeahhh !!!! and don't forget to save that copy somewhere safe if something goes wrong so you can back up easily !

Posted Thu 12 Nov 15 @ 3:39 pm
I need to know if I'm doing something wrong. I installed 8 and everything seems to transfer from 7 but the cue points. Is the some special way to transfer cue points.

Posted Sat 26 Dec 15 @ 8:49 pm
Hello,i have worked with my virtual in my pc with xp sp2,now i took a new pc with windows 7,i send all my work from my old pc on my new one,but when i send it all my database is not saved,if i send it from xp sp2 to xp sp2 it is all there,but when i send it xp sp2 to windows 7 my database is not configured,can you tell me how to make that all my work will be saved while i transfer my virtual from xp sp2 to windows 7? Please someone help me.Thank you.

Posted Sat 30 Jan 16 @ 10:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)