Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ 8 seems to take control of my usb keyboard

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, I did a quick search on Google and on the forums here and I'm not able to find anyone with the same problem.

Basically, I've just started using VDJ8 again (first time since beta) - But it won't allow me use my keyboard (Steelseries Apex Raw) at all - That is, it won't allow me type in the browser, it won't do any shortcuts, it won't allow me use the keyboard outside of VDJ once VDJ is open and in the background.

This is genuinely the only problem I've had with the keyboard and I've been using it for many months now. Any ideas what the problem might be coming from?

Posted Wed 11 Nov 15 @ 12:24 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Is your keyboard detected under Keyboards in Device Manager or as a MIDI under Sound, video and game controllers ?
What devices do you get in the Settings->Controllers tab inside VirtualDJ ?
(screenshots would help)

Posted Wed 11 Nov 15 @ 12:56 am
Seems I've been able to fix it by installing the Steelseries software (seems I didn't since updating to windows 10 early preview, mainly as everything worked fine until right now) - My apologies, I guess it's after registering it as a HID keyboard again or something similar.

Cheers for the quick reply djdad, looking forward to catching up with the changes, loving what I see already.

<3

Posted Wed 11 Nov 15 @ 1:17 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)